Got the pacesetters in. Exhaust Video Clip. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the pacesetters in. Exhaust Video Clip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the pacesetters in. Exhaust Video Clip.

Bought a set of pacesetters from a member here. Just got these installed to my 3" exhaust, !cat, and flowmaster 80 series muffler. The install was kind of a pain. The EGR gasket is pointless on the pacesetter kit, I found that copper rtv works the best. Header gaskets were also sprayed with copper spray.

Video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIumnh9nXUU&fmt=22

I think the pacesetters definitely deepened the sound up, but I was already at 3" and catless so it really didn't get much louder.
    sigpic

Re: Got the pacesetters in. Exhaust Video Clip.

Very nice. Almost made me cream my pants.:tup:

Comment

did you use the gaskets that came with it? how long was the install time for you?

Comment

sounds good, now just get some camaro fill ins for the back panel to finish off the back end of the car :)
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

@enzia35

Thanks! I still wanna cam it for a nicer sound and more power before turbo.

@firebird19

Yea I used the paper gaskets, sprayed with copper gasket spray. The install took maybe 5 hours, but there was some amount of goofing off during the process. Could prolly do it again in easily half the time. Spark plugs and wires are now super easy to do. Initially I thought spark plugs were going to be hard and everyone was crazy because I couldn't make a ratchet clear the headers to tighten down the plugs. But I just used a wrench to turn the socket, that works perfect and takes like no time at all since you're just tightening down the spark plugs u threaded in by hand.

@97rs4life:

Thanks. What do these fill ins look like? Must have missed this fill in craze :).
          sigpic

Comment

black ones or the polished ones look the best on the red cars to help bring out the camaro on back

Comment

awesome :)

Comment

nice im looking forward to installing mine soon and just want to see how yours went. I heard that the paper ones blow out so let me know if yours hold up ok. thanks and it sounds good

Comment

oh one last question was removing the spark plugs or oil dipstick necessary?

Comment

The plugs yes, you must remove them. I can't imagine trying to do it without removing em and not breaking em all. At least putting them back in will be easy :). The oil dipstick tube was not problem for me at all.

As for the gasket, my mechanic buddies seemed to think paper is the best if used with the copper spray for a good seal. If they fail ill try some felpro or abbots or something.
                    sigpic

Comment

Felpro is great. Havent used copper spray yet but they are holding very very well.
                      Paper will last as long as you check your header bolts every 1000 miles or so, but the Felpro are more forgiving.

BTW, makes sure you retighten your bolts after 50 - 100 miles right after install.

Comment

@Bandit127,

Going to be doing that re-tightening tomorrow when I go to my mechanics to do wheel bearings. Don't feel like doing more work without a lift, had enough of crawling under car for this week. Just did my trans mount this morning. Wasn't too bad, maybe like 40 min.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good, because if you tighten them while the engine is hot, they seem to last longer too. did you use any thread locker or locking bolts?

Comment

dude i didnt do anything with the plugs or dipstick when i did mine. They were a PITA to get in though. Any the steering knuckle rubs the friggin header, which i dont think anyone else has had a problem with exept for me.
                            Oneeightseven- did you go with the ceramic coated ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
                              dude i didnt do anything with the plugs or dipstick when i did mine. They were a PITA to get in though. Any the steering knuckle rubs the friggin header, which i dont think anyone else has had a problem with exept for me.
                              Oneeightseven- did you go with the ceramic coated ones?
                              the steering knuckle rubbing is an issue with some cars. You're not the first that has had issues with that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X