IDLE PROBLEM!! Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDLE PROBLEM!! Please Help!!

I have a 1997 3.8 it idles very ruff.. I recently put headers on, but there was no immediate problem... until about a week later..then i got a ruff idle.. slightly worse gas mileage.. but no loss of power... I replaced the throttle position sensor, but still no difference... please any ideas let me know..

Re: IDLE PROBLEM!! Please Help!!

Is the check engine light on? if so get it scanned for codes at advance or autozone, or better take it to a chevy dealership and they can tell you exactly whats wrong. I'd do that before buying anymore sensors. Its free and will save you some headaches buying a bunch of stuff you dont need. Happened to me when my main harness burned in two.

Comment

check your spark plugs and make sure no plug wires are contacting the headers
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
        check your spark plugs and make sure no plug wires are contacting the headers
        this is the likely cause..

Comment

^ x2 at least check them out i think i told this alrdy tonight

Comment

While running, listen underhood for any exhaust leaks. If you didn't torque the bolts exactly right, they will leak and cause all sorts of fun issues. Also, while you're in there, double check the plug wires.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X