Pacesetter header problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacesetter header problem

I recently bought some pacesetter headers for my 98 maro and i put them on with the paper gaskets that pacesetter originally send u. they were fine for about 3months then they started leaking so i took them to a mechanic and they took them off and put new steel gaskets on now he is saying that they still leak like they were and i owe him 200 dollars for nothing. has anybody else had this problem or have heard of this problem with them not sealing right?

Re: Pacesetter header problem

yea that's why we all recommend going with abbott gaskets. Abbotts don't leak
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok were can i get them from?

Comment

http://abbottracingheads.com/
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I used Permatex Ultra Copper RTV and had no issues.

Laid on a nice bead, finger tightened the bolts, let it cure for a few hours, then torqued them down.
          Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
          Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

i just used the stock gaskets and didnt have any problems. Id say get the abbotts. From what i hear they are the best.

Comment

strangely enough my passenger side abbott gasket is blown, but i suppose with headers there are no guarantees. i'll probly try out some RVT when i fix it.
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                strangely enough my passenger side abbott gasket is blown, but i suppose with headers there are no guarantees. i'll probly try out some RVT when i fix it.
                Well all it takes is one bolt to come loose and you can fry the gasket. Im pretty sure mine is too.

I would start by getting a new mechanic, this guy doesnt seem like hes making much of an effort to help you out. Get some abbott gaskets, and have the mechanic use some rtv as well.

Comment

Or do it yourself for free the first time with a friend that has a list. Or find the guy in the neighborhood with a lift, bring a case of beer for him, and do it on a saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Slowside View Post
                    Or do it yourself for free the first time with a friend that has a list. Or find the guy in the neighborhood with a lift, bring a case of beer for him, and do it on a saturday
                    maybe he doesnt have tools, time, or experience to do it alone. Useless information right here.

If you can, when the mechanic has the headers out, see if they're warped. Its quite possible the ehaders are not sitting flat with block because the metal is warped or not smooth. Probably not your problem, but quite possible.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X