problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem

i recently installed my headers and my car been acting really funny it has a rough idle when i accel it runs like its choking and when i stop it feels like its choking idk what to do i changed the spark plugs and same well i need to change one more but i cant get to it these dumb headers made it impossible to get to it the middle one on the passanger side but anyways can anybody help me cuz im getting a headache please thank you

Re: problem

Try getting to that plug with your plug socket and a wrench instead of a ratchet. If that doesnt fix your problem check all your plug wires and make sure they are all going to the right plugs, check your O2 sensors, and unplug your battery for 1/2 hour or so. That should reset your CPU and might help your car adjust to the new exhaust flow!
    Jeff ..
    1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
    2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
    1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
    http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

im pretty sure having headers makes changing plugs easier. Did for me. Just have to borrow a friends swivel.

Any codes? and what brand headers?

Comment

Well with my car i had the great misfire and sounds like what u have also
        i went with msd and ngk plugs and that fixed my problem
        best thing i can tell ya ta do is check resistance in wires and take coil packs to autozone and get em tested
        and also have ta agree wit whitdog it should b alot easier ta get to the plugs with the headers

Comment

I'm not sure why everyone says its easier to change plugs with headers, it must be the pre tubular manifold style thats hard. because honestly its harder to with headers compared to my manifolds. I used to not have to get under the car to do, and now i do! But make sure you got the bolts all tightened. check them every now and then. And make sure u got the o2 sensors in good and connected right.
          auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
          15.11@91.14
          Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

get up under your car and get to that last plug --- what i did when i installed my headers.

check your plug wires to make sure they're on correctly and see if one is contacting the headers or getting too close --- i accidentally burned up 2 of mine when i forgot i needed 90* boot ones to keep clear of the headers and had to swap in all new ones.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Yea my wire was burned so I bought a whole set of wires 90 boots but with these it's sure tight fit to get in there but it's all good now for now thanks for the input guys

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
                I'm not sure why everyone says its easier to change plugs with headers, it must be the pre tubular manifold style thats hard. because honestly its harder to with headers compared to my manifolds. I used to not have to get under the car to do, and now i do!
                x2. I thought it would be easier too.. Boy was I fooled..

And a little punctuation, if even used incorrectly, goes a long way.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

For some reason I find it easier. Maybe because i was under the car anyway....

check plugs and wires and see if your still missing.

Comment

find the shortest plug socket you can, get in on #4 plug then use a wrench to turn the socket. one good turn and you should be able to take the socket off and get it with your hand. its much easier to get to the plugs with headers compared to the 95-97 manifolds. #4 is a problem tho. wire boot sits awfully close to the pipe, too. can change the drivers side from the top. have to get under for #4 and #6. just go slow with #4 and use a wrench on the socket. BTW, what area of houston? if ya need a hand, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by thats_reality View Post
                      find the shortest plug socket you can, get in on #4 plug then use a wrench to turn the socket. one good turn and you should be able to take the socket off and get it with your hand. its much easier to get to the plugs with headers compared to the 95-97 manifolds. #4 is a problem tho. wire boot sits awfully close to the pipe, too. can change the drivers side from the top. have to get under for #4 and #6. just go slow with #4 and use a wrench on the socket. BTW, what area of houston? if ya need a hand, let me know.
                      I live in the northwest side in the spring branch area and yea would be cool to talk to somebody about r cars but yea everything is running fine prob just check the bolts

Comment

cool. i'm in the katy/cypress area.

Comment

cool man :tup:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X