o2 sim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sim

have any of you guys used one of these to get rid of the ses light? http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Oxygen...item3359b885c9
    Does it work?

Re: o2 sim

i had a shop rig up something for me when i had my cat off... not sure what they did...

but at 10-11 buck i say go for it

Comment

I ran a straight pipe on my 97 with a sim and now on my 02...no check engine, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything weird as far as leaning out the car or anything like that. I didn't buy one thats universal though...check this out.
      http://fasttoys.net/shop/index.php?cPath=84_25_64_827

Comment

i've got headers and a high-flow cat and had no o2 problems. i'm not sure why this would be needed, but if your light is giving you a problem, i say go for it.

Comment

They are to be used for the O2 after the cat. That part looks like a spark plug anti-fouler. I did the double anti-fouler as described in link below to clear SES for a gutted cat. It has worked fine for several months. The part is like $4 from autozone, but you have to drill it out (drill press is easiest) so the sensor goes down into it. I used the suggested 1/2 bit, but had to dremel the tip of the sensor some so it would fit. A larger bit would work better.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f89/do...ulator-126774/

good pics here :
          http://www.civicforums.com/forums/79...simulator.html

Comment

Sweet. Im thinking this shoul work, every O2 simulator i find has the wrong plug. I have an OBDII but since its a 95 it has the flat plug instead of the square one. But im sure i wouldnt have any issues splicing the old plug to the new o2 sim and making it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
              But im sure i wouldnt have any issues splicing the old plug to the new o2 sim and making it work.
              I'm not sure I understand your post...that item on ebay and what I posted go on the end of your existing O2 sensor...you are not replacing anything, or splicing anything.
              Is your O2 sensor bad, or did you do something to the exhaust? If the sensor is bad, that adapter (anti-fouler) may not help.

Comment

Originally posted by 99v6bird View Post
                I'm not sure I understand your post...that item on ebay and what I posted go on the end of your existing O2 sensor...you are not replacing anything, or splicing anything.
                Is your O2 sensor bad, or did you do something to the exhaust? If the sensor is bad, that adapter (anti-fouler) may not help.
                no no I mean ill have to splice stuff if the anti-fouler does not work. Sorry about that. And yea I put a high plow cat in place. So i need to satisfy that O2 sensor that is after the cat.

Comment

WTF thats a spark plug non fouler its like 2-3 dollors at autozone!! I used one of those when i did my headers cat and 3"catback. you have to drill it out bigger in the middle. thats was a pain in the ... even with a drillpress. then it didnt thread onto the O2 fasr enough so i ended up having it fall out and drag on the ground on the freeway. there goes a 75 dollor sensor. so i got another one and welded it in. and guess what? the darned thing still had codes!!! it didnt do shizz.
                  finaly i had ground one sencor to death welded one into a piece of junk adn ended up craping out about $100 for a factory one and just pluged in in like normal no spacer. and it WORKED with no modification needed and no more codes

Comment

Well balls Pewter lol. Thanks for letting me know that.

Comment

The o2 sims ive used just plug right into the wiring harness for your o2 sensor, completely replaces the sim all together. It's actually an electrical component that runs a loop telling the computer your cat is working properly. Then all thats left is to plug the hole in the pipe, i just modified an old burned out sensor i had. The part actually blinks an LED lettin you know its working right too, along with the computer not tripping a code!!;)

Comment

Where did you get it? And what year is your car?

Comment

I posted a link earlier in the thread of the exact sim I run. I had it on both a 97 and an 02, no problems with either.
                          Heres the link-
                          http://fasttoys.net/shop/index.php?cPath=84_25_64_827

Comment

Thx did it come with a square plug?

Comment

yeah it'll be the same plug as the stock o2 sensor has. What's this going into?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X