Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat

so iv noticed a rattleing sound coming from under my car and am pretty sure its the cat now i have a california emissions cat on it. and last time i went in for a new cat the shop told me i could only put a california cat on it. I live in new york can i just put a regulation catalytic converter on the car because all the california cats are extremly expensive. thanks

Re: Cat

if you dont live in california, why the hell would you need a california cat?
    yes you can put a regular cat on

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

the shop said they wouldnt touch it without a california cat. bought the car used must have came from there

Comment

I hate shops and their cat rules. However, i'm sure if you look around someone will put what you want on your car. But I'm always for doing it yourself.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

if i could weld i would so do it my self.

Comment

Hell I couldn't weld when I did mine like, 3 years ago. But I got it done lol.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I would fine a different shop that would do it , or some private guys will have adds for welding might try that. The ehaust guys that did mine said aslong as it doesn't through a code they would do it, and after I showed them what Hptuners does they didn't have a problem since AZ doesn't check anything except scan ODII codes. Don't even pop the hood.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by slver 3800 View Post
                the shop said they wouldnt touch it without a california cat. bought the car used must have came from there
                they're just lying and trying to get you to foot the bill for a california cat. It doesn't matter where the car's from, it's where it's registered/tagged. Go to a different shop

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                  they're just lying and trying to get you to foot the bill for a california cat. It doesn't matter where the car's from, it's where it's registered/tagged. Go to a different shop
                  after asking my friend, if the car had a cali. cat on it, one has to be put back on it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X