Header questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header questions

ok so ive decided im going to keep my car for as long as it runs, and want to do more performance mods to it. my next venture will most likely be headers. im interested in clear image but im not sure. clear image is the best? how are there gaskets and bolts? or should i got with the pacesetter headers, abbott gaskets and locking header bolts? any input???

Re: Header questions

the best are longtubes from FFF. What year is your car? If an older 3.8 then you will have to modify/bend the ac lines to fit clear image ones in. Most guys just go with pacesetters because of the price. Yes use abbott gaskets, locking header bolts are up to you, or some grade 8s work too
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

im sorry its a 2000 firebird 3.8

Comment

is there a big difference between the headers, performance/sound wise?

Comment

Sound yes, rasp should be lowered a little bit, a bit louder.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBird19 View Post
            is there a big difference between the headers, performance/sound wise?
            depends on the rest of the exhaust and intake.

Comment

with a flowmaster 2.5'' catback, and a ram air intake, whisper lidm and kn filter...is it worth spending the extra money? or your gunna get the same ****?

Comment

worth the headers then if you have the rest of the exhaust and intake taken care off. Get rid of the last choke point in the system to let the engine flow freely

Comment

i hate to keep asking questions, but whats the difference between clear image and pacesetter? i have no idea about exhausts lol

Comment

i hate to keep asking questions, but whats the difference between clear image and pacesetter? i have no idea about exhausts lol
                    quality and coating. both are shorties. If you get pacesetters, get the coated ones instead of painted. pacesetter usually have egr leaks, clear image is made for the newer cars with the different ac lines. yours being a 00 fit that year range. You would be fine with either.

Oh and to help your research, check out the exhaust section search button, most if not all of your answers so far have been covered multiple times so you can save the embarrassment of asking all the questions. ;)
                    Last edited by 97rs4life; 12-28-2009, 08:08 AM.

Comment

if you can spend the money get the longtubes for sure. i honestly wish i would have stayed away from the msd ignition stuff and spent money on longtubes instead. i got the pacesetters and while they look better under the hood, the stupid egr leaks and ticks. its quite annoying and i really dont think it makes it sound or perform THAT much better. from what i understand people with longtubes saw a decent gain over previously having pacesetters. that being said, get longtubes.
                      sigpic

Comment

I wish I sprung for long tubes too. I have the CIA ones, and they went on nice and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                          quality and coating. both are shorties. If you get pacesetters, get the coated ones instead of painted. pacesetter usually have egr leaks, clear image is made for the newer cars with the different ac lines. yours being a 00 fit that year range. You would be fine with either.

Oh and to help your research, check out the exhaust section search button, most if not all of your answers so far have been covered multiple times so you can save the embarrassment of asking all the questions. ;)
                          ^^thanks man.
                          does anyone have a website for the longtubes?

Comment

^^thanks man.
                            does anyone have a website for the longtubes?
                            http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=56373

They don't have a website to buy from. Looks like a couple sets of the original batch are available yet too. You will need to fab up your own ypipe or have an exhaust shop do it.

Comment

If you want to go with a turbo setup later on dont go long tubes unless its a rear mount setup, thats all i have to say. I went with pacesetters and stock gaskets (sheet metal) and i love them. Nice sound, go with which ever they are both great poducts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X