new exhaust went on yesterday..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new exhaust went on yesterday..

i finally got my exahust on..i bought a 2.5" dynomax intermediate pipe, 2.5" dynomax over the axle pipe, and a 2.5" I/O dynomax super turbo muffler and ran that out to two 45 slant 3" cherrybomb stainless tips and it sounds good. alot louder than i actually was expecting, but then again, my expectations were based off ****ty sound clips lol

i was still wanting a deeper tone than what i got so any suggestions on what to do next? still got the stock manifolds and cat.

Re: new exhaust went on yesterday..

Headers will make a huge difference in sound. I also deleted my cat when I put them on
    and do you have ram air or anything? Deleting your silencer and doing the free ram air mod at least helps some
    Last edited by crazytrain65; 12-23-2009, 11:22 AM.
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

i wanna keep the cat bc i don't have money to deal with emission/inspection people..i was thinking about getting a high flow one though

i have a custom made cold air intake but yes the silencer is gone...but im switching back to the lid, i shaved the lid out and am getting pvc piping and using that to not have to use the silencer, plus im gonna do the free ram air mod..

would headers deepen the exhaust tone? i got quite a bit of rasp too..im hoping that over time it will get better...i've only put about 30 miles on the car since the install.

Comment

intake and headers will make it deeper.

high flow cat may help... but i wouldnt go no cat, i did that to mine and had more rasp than you have ever heard

PS: sounclip or it didnt happen :naughty:

Comment

Originally posted by akcamaro02 View Post
          i wanna keep the cat bc i don't have money to deal with emission/inspection people..i was thinking about getting a high flow one though

would headers deepen the exhaust tone? i got quite a bit of rasp too..im hoping that over time it will get better...i've only put about 30 miles on the car since the install.
          save up for a hi flow cat and complete your exhaust with headers and full piping, it makes a world of difference trust me. your exhaust will burn in with mileage and deepen just a bit, but to get the best results you need an intake to get your car breathing right and a full exhaust.

also, once you have that done, look into a cutout if you really want some rumble :D

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
          intake and headers will make it deeper.

high flow cat may help... but i wouldnt go no cat, i did that to mine and had more rasp than you have ever heard

PS: sounclip or it didnt happen :naughty:
          good advice here ^ and yes, sound clips or BAN haha
          pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
          gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

i have an electric cutout but i hear its illegal in missouri and i dont have the extra money to pay someone off to pass it for inspection...rather save for headers lol

as a sound clip goes, that will have to wait til after christmas..i just got this done yesterday and i gotta find the camera to get a good video..

Comment

move to sc... no inspection lol

Comment

move over to illinois. No inspections here...at least in my county :p
                auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                15.11@91.14
                Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by akcamaro02 View Post
                  i have an electric cutout but i hear its illegal in missouri and i dont have the extra money to pay someone off to pass it for inspection...rather save for headers lol

as a sound clip goes, that will have to wait til after christmas..i just got this done yesterday and i gotta find the camera to get a good video..
                  yep, cutouts are illegal, but so is going 1 mile over the speed limit haha.

no need to pay anyone off, just get a solid mechanic you trust or someone that's worked on your car to do your inspections and you'll be fine. we have inspections here in VA and it's really not a big deal.
                  pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                  gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

I've had a cut out on my car before and as long as it was closed they never told me anything.

The best and cheapest exhaust is a borla xr-1 muffler dumped before the rear axle. No rasp, and it sounds awesome.

But yes intake, headers, hi-flo cat, borla xr-1 will complete it. the XR-1 is like 130 bucks give or take?
                    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

guys I know that this is a noob question and you are all gonna skin me alive, but is the whole exhaust setup(headers, cat, catback) for hp, sound or both?

Comment

Both, you'll see gains in both aspects.

Comment

cutout ftw...put it after cat and as long as its not open its legal. i ran with mine open FOREVER n no issues ever. just put the electric cutout on yesterday and its in the closed position. way quieter! i still need to run power to the switch though and it will be done. ill do a sound clip for ya after im done that way you can compare. definately not just louder but much throatier as well with cutout
                          sigpic

Comment

ya ive heard good things about cutouts. i got an electric cutout but it's not on the car. i was going to wait til june after my inspection so i can run with it for two years and no problems..

Comment

I had didn't like my cutout, too loud and raspy. My exhaust right now has no restriction and sounds decent for being before the axle. Just shakes the interior when you get on it.LOL Manager at Discount tires asked me if my LT1 had a stroker kit in it? , I just told him it had a cam and headers, he said it sounds bad@ss.LOL LT1 Stroker LOL This was when I had my tires rotated. They always like to rev it when they pull it in the engine bays, same with Firestone for my allignment the kids rev it alittle , since its a auto they have to put it in N so they must like it. I don't mind since they don't get crazy with it and do a good job.
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X