exhaust leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust leak?

97 bird, ive been having a ticking noise coming from the drives side of the engine that i thought was an exhaust leak but cant find it. i put oil and seafoam in through the brake booster vaccumm line and couldnt see any smoke coming out. its worse when the engine is cold but i dont seem to hear it when its raining and seems to run better. ive started to hear lifter noise from the same side of the engine and now im clueless. any suggestions? thanks

Re: exhaust leak?

maybe you could use a piece of tubing as a stethoscope and probe around the suspected exhaust leak area.

Comment

does the ticking get louder/faster under throttle? can you smell any fumes?
      are you running headers or stock manifolds?
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Same thing my car did on the drivers side. Turned out to be a broken manifold stud. Closest bolt to the front of the car. It would get quieter as the car warmed up. But that's ur most likely problem.
        auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
        15.11@91.14
        Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

double check your egr fitting...mine leaks through there...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I had same problem, tightened up my pacesetter headers...it went away. But now its back, I think I fried the gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
              I had same problem, tightened up my pacesetter headers...it went away. But now its back, I think I fried the gasket.
              exactly what i've got going on at the moment...annoying, but worth the trouble for full exhaust.
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X