True duals question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True duals question

So I'm thinking about doing the setup with a couple bullet mufflers and high flow cats with an angled out tail pipe setup. Any useful tips and possibly a full undercarrage picture by which I can draw myself a diagram?

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
    Quarter Million Mile Club

Re: True duals question

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=97586

Comment

I've seen meatyshell's already. I'm wanting to use an h-pipe setup rather than an x-pipe. I'm looking for a couple pics of the undercarrage so I can figure out some placement ideas.

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
      Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

if i remember correctly, there were a few other guys who had true duals but i can't remember who it was. someone was selling some true dual pipes in the for sale section and had a picture of them off the car.

Comment

found the for sale one: http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...ight=true+dual

there's no real pictures there besides a link to his exhaust thread on another site...

then here are some pictures i found too..i realize it's not an h-pipe, but i thought it'd help nonetheless :rolleyes:

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=91491

Comment

Just curious as to why you'd want to use an H-pipe setup instead of an X-pipe? For the sound I'm guessing? Because if you're looking for more power, the X-pipe is the better choice.

Comment

our v6's don't need the H or X pipe to equalize pressure in the exhaust system. The crossover pipe just helps with noise (like popping).

Comment

curious about the pipe size needed for true duals. is 2.5" or 3" too much for a stock internal engine? How would 2.25" perform? and what is the difference in sound quality?
                  :)
                  auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                  15.11@91.14
                  Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

If you hear a decent amount of popping when you let off the throttle, then you should install an x-pipe or at least an h-pipe. The popping comes from too little exhaust scavenging causing spent exhaust gas to build up in the exhaust system, which is why you would need a crossover. The scavenging effect you get with a well designed exhaust system is going to give you more power over just a true dual pipe system. And besides, true duals on our cars don't really provide any real benefit except maybe for sound. A decent off the shelf 2.5 or 3 inch catback will give you much better increases across the board, depending on supporting mods. And personally, if you're looking for horsepower, stay away from chambered style mufflers like Flowmaster. They generally have a good sound, but the least overall flow. I'm more worried about overall performance than sound, so I'll be installing an SLP LM2 or Powerflo catback once I get my engine built.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-SqOz9uluI

only sound clip i have

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X