Flowmaster swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowmaster swap

I need to remove my horrible flowmaster muffler and install something else that is hopefully identical in size and intake/outlet setup as the classic flowmaster catback muffler that most everyone gets. Just the muffler. The pipes are fine and mine's blown out and way too loud anymore.
    I live in an apartment complex now and I don't want to wake everyone up since I'll definitely be using my remote starter here real soon.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Flowmaster swap

magnaflow?
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Let me know what muffler you have in mind , I have 3 extra ones a Summit Turbo 3"in/out muffler with a 3" turn down that sounds great at idle with zero rasp to 6000K, and 2 Dynomax mufflers , maybe 1 to sell since I'm going to keep one for street and one for track since I bought a Dynomax Race Bullet 3"in/out muffler that willl be for track(haven't felt well to install it yet. The other is a Dynomax Super Turbo 3" in 2- 2 1/2" out with turn downs. I think it would be too loud for you though, to be honest. The other Dynomax muffler I'm keeping is a Super turbo 3"in/out and sounds great all the way around, so I will keep it for the street unless the Bullet muffler sounds really great then I might sell it. The big resonator really took out the high pitches, I guess a 7" long 6" round resonator would do that.LOL
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

dynomax i swapped flowmaster and exhaust shop had no issues
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Got a part number on that dynomax, vr4gasm?

Sorry steve, I still have the 2 1/2in pipes. I can do the work to make whatever fit (remember the dynomax muffler I installed in place of the cat?), I just want to make this as easy as possible and I don't really care too much about performance on the silver car.. Which is what this is for.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Gotcha, good luck with it.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Found the P/N, 17739. Called jegs to make sure it was the right one and it sure is. I love living a couple hours away from jegs. Free shipping and it's always next day delivery. Whoot!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

let me know how it sounds, im thinking about going with this muffler also

Comment

go for it it sounds great :)
                  2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                  1991 3000GT VR4
                  2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Ok, I got it installed in about half an hour. Minus the time it took to run out to autozone to buy clamps since I'm apparently out of welding wire.

It's a quieter than the flowmaster and I really noticed a much lower bass tone to it at idle. It does still sound like crap though, which I'm blaming on my gutted cat and that "resonator" from the flowmaster cat back. I'm considering buying a bullet type muffler to replace the gutted cat to cut the sound down even more.

I gotta tell you though, there's no f'n muffler like a turbo. I love the way my 98 sounds, it does however have pacesetter headers and a tiny bit different style dynomax super turbo muffler. Just a single in single out. Anyways, i'll look around for something cheapo just to quiet the damn thing down.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X