My true duals clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My true duals clip

I know a lot of people were dying to hear it over on the other board.. figured you guys would want to hear it too.

Exhaust consists of

Pacesetter headers
    2.25" piping
    summit hiflow cats
    h-pipe
    borla xr-1 mufflers

Ignore the watermark on the video, I had no way of putting the clips together on my laptop so had to get a trial editing software

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ6eY29twXE

A slight bit of rasp up top when WOT still, but nothing too bad. I revved all the way to the limiter on the first part of the clip
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Re: My true duals clip

It's really throaty. Nice clip.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

sounds pretty awesome, but i think either the cats or 2.25" piping really take away from it
      1999 v6 Camaro M5
      Automatic to Manual converted
      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

i think it sounds really good.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

sounds nice.

how much ground clearance do u have? it looks really low.

Comment

I have no comment if Dynomax wasn't used in production. LOL J/K sounds good , but I think it sounds like most 3" exhausts.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              I have no comment if Dynomax wasn't used in production. LOL J/K sounds good , but I think it sounds like most 3" exhausts.
              Show me one 3" exhaust that can be revved to redline and still sound decent But yes, there is some rasp at wot, but at any other amount of throttle it has a definite h-pipe sound to it. Its very deep. I constantly set off car alarms on campus just cruising by

Ground clearance is fair, at best. Not really any worse than my single 3" with a resonator in the I-pipe.

The cats and 2.25" piping change the sound some from slo6's (i mimicked his old setup), but its still super loud. Loud like I've heard a loudmouth and I think this is louder, so if anything its just a change in tone. In all reality though 2.25" is the most we need for what our engines do. I noticed good power gains with this (probably mostly due to the headers). My friends stage 2 tune 04 audi a4 used to put just a bit over a car on me and now I pull on him a bit, so I'm happy with it.
              2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

sounds good!!
                auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                15.11@91.14
                Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Lets race!

Comment

sounds really deep-i dig it! is that "true duals" from engine back? no single pipe or y splitter anywhere? if thats the case...cool! & yeah, if a real true "dual" exhaust, then two pipes of 2.25" each is plenty-my 71 with a 450hp stroker is running dual 3" turned down at axel & quite honestly, a little overkill, & makes the cops wanna follow ya home-lol! would love to see an undercar shot, like on a lift where we can see how you ran the pipe-would like to know if one of those borlas would fit inline somewhere so i could loose the "magnaflow rasp" ??

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti View Post
                      Show me one 3" exhaust that can be revved to redline and still sound decent

sorry but none of those revs were to redline.... unless you have a 3000 redline and there was a decent amount of rasp there..
                      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                      1991 3000GT VR4
                      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

i didn't hear it revved up to redline..maybe 4k but not redline.

Comment

but anyway, i like it, thought about going true dual myself, what you do about o2 sensors and codes??

so what happens when u jack the car up bc usually under the axle has problems being lifted.

Comment

I love it I think it sounds awesome :tup: So you eliminated the y pipe and have an individual 2 1/4 inch pipe for each one of the headers correct? Also where does the h pipe begin and how much did this setup cost? Would you say you spent around the same amount of lets say an SLP, Magnaflow or Flowmaster? cat back exhaust

Comment

Haha it was revved all the way to the limiter whether you guys wanna believe it or not. Keep in mind i was about 30 feet from the camera just to keep the microphone from distorting
                              2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X