98 intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 intake

question for the f-body veterans out there, im used to building old pre '72 chevys so i'm on a big learning curve here so forgive my ignorance, but, i'm always seeong the tuner guys running these big k&n style cone filters stuck right up to the intake, yet my camaro has an airbox & k&n says that they don't make anything for my '98 (angled intake-arg!) that will just go right up on the intake & eliminate the big ugly restrictive airbox, espicially considering the whisper style lid is unobtainable anymore (unless someone has a '98 whisper lid they wanna sell?) why is it they (tuner cars) can run the big cones & we can't? it sure would eliminate the restriction of the stupid angled intake? any thoughts/information/education anyone could share would be greatly appriciated-thanx

Re: 98 intake

Originally posted by heavychevy383 View Post
    question for the f-body veterans out there, im used to building old pre '72 chevys so i'm on a big learning curve here so forgive my ignorance, but, i'm always seeong the tuner guys running these big k&n style cone filters stuck right up to the intake, yet my camaro has an airbox & k&n says that they don't make anything for my '98 (angled intake-arg!) that will just go right up on the intake & eliminate the big ugly restrictive airbox, espicially considering the whisper style lid is unobtainable anymore (unless someone has a '98 whisper lid they wanna sell?) why is it they (tuner cars) can run the big cones & we can't? it sure would eliminate the restriction of the stupid angled intake? any thoughts/information/education anyone could share would be greatly appriciated-thanx
    Welcome aboard!
    First off, that big ugly STOCK airbox is FAR less restrictive than a CAI and its a FAR FAR FAR more effective setup. Look at it this way, what those CAI / Cone filter setups do on modded cars is about equivalent to the same efficiency of the STOCK airbox and thats because it is taking air directly from outside, and it doesn't have to travel as far to the motor. Get a aftermarket LID and they're superior to a CAI with a Cone Filter. Now to answer your question, the reason they don't make a cone filter with a CAI setup is because first off, the Airbox Lid is FAR more efficient and it would cost the same to produce so if they did, no one would buy it. Second off, there is stuff in the way of the induction area on the 98+ F-Bodies such as fuse boxes. Trust me, you want to stay with the Airbox setup, a cone filter would be a DOWNGRADE.
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X