IAT and whisper lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAT and whisper lid

alright so awhile back i was messing with the intake and didnt put the IAT sensor back into the little bung. the next day or so i noticed...and it had hit up against a pully and cracked the little guard thing on it and scratched up the side/front of teh actually sensor. is this a problem or will it cause false raeding and adversely effect performance?

also...has anybody done dynos or track times for stock lid vs a whisper lid? thanks!
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Re: IAT and whisper lid

The sensor is simply a resistor that gives reading based on ambient temp. As long as the sensor itself was not damaged i.e. one connection broken off, you should be fine. I it was not working you would get a code for it within 15 min of driving the car, i know this because i did the same thing except i had unpluged the sensor and had forgotten to plug it back in. I went for a drive and soon my check engine light came on plugged it back in and was good to go.
    Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
    Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
    Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
    Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
    Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

ah well thats good. if i can find one for cheap ill replace it but i wont bother too much.
      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
      15.11@91.14
      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Under $16 brand new at Rock Auto.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X