Intake options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake options?

I have a 2000 Firebird, I have shaved the lid, replaced the air silencer with 3"pvc and put in a K&N filter. Since i cannot find a whisper lid anywhere ( they do not sell them at Hawksthirdgen anymore) what are more other intake options and how much noticeable difference is there, I also have a highflow cat and magnaflow catback.

Re: Intake options?

k&n make an intake although its expensive...

there is also the free mod to ur air box, and cold air intakes

Comment

Just go with FIPK.

Comment

there's always the slp cold air induction kit........
        2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Seeing as I just installed my FIPK in place of what you have done (roughly), I'm going to put in for the FIPK. It is spendy, but it's definitely worth it.

It has a unique sound, and the pick up is definitely a lot better all around.

Comment

FIPK hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
              FIPK hands down.
              :spank: BIAS!!! fipk is not the best option out there. Look at the design of the fipk, it also sucks hot air in from the engine bay.

if you can't get whisper lid, then shaved lid, pvc, and fast toys ram air is the way to go.

fipk hands down....:bs:

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                :spank: BIAS!!! fipk is not the best option out there. Look at the design of the fipk, it also sucks hot air in from the engine bay.

if you can't get whisper lid, then shaved lid, pvc, and fast toys ram air is the way to go.

If you look at the FIPK, it's got an entire head shield over the radiators, and the heat it would pull in would be roughly equivalent to the stock intake.

And even if it were potentially going to suck in hotter air, the air under the hood isn't stagnant while you're driving, so even though the engine and radiator cores might be hot, the air is moving and isn't as hot as you might expect.

Comment

i have a friend with a fipk, i should log his IAT temps' and compare them to mine

Comment

I have an ss hood too. That's almost like a ram air. Although the design of the ss hood sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post

I went with a whisper lid and a fast toys kit. Price is very similar to a fipk, and the whisper lid/fast toys doesn't fit a ss hood.

Comment

I went with a whisper lid and a fast toys kit. Price is very similar to a fipk, and the whisper lid/fast toys doesn't fit a ss hood.
                        u should see about the same hp gain also.

where did u get a whisper lid... everyone always post here wanting one (i bought mine when they still made them)

Comment

Question should be when I got it. I got it before everywhere sold out of them.

Comment

Question should be when I got it. I got it before everywhere sold out of them.
                            haha oh, me 2

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
                              i have a friend with a fipk, i should log his IAT temps' and compare them to mine
                              I would be very interested in seeing that...

Are you running a stock intake? I assume not, but even so... Any comparison would be nice.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X