97 firebird Exhaust sound (clip) comp cam, OBX headers, stock exhaust - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97 firebird Exhaust sound (clip) comp cam, OBX headers, stock exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 firebird Exhaust sound (clip) comp cam, OBX headers, stock exhaust

Just the sound of my exhaust before i add a summit turbo muffler.

P.S- whoever is thinking about buying OBX headers they are great. They fit tight under the car. Only 3 things need to be done to perfect them.
    1. Get longer flange bolts
    2. Weld where the y pipe connects
    3. Weld where it connects to the cat

stop watching at like :46 i cant edit it to make it shorter

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....03852146295226

http://www.motionbox.com/video/show/d496d0b31c17ebcd5b
    Last edited by xsvtank; 10-07-2009, 09:28 PM.

Re: 97 firebird Exhaust sound (clip) comp cam, OBX headers, stock exhaust

Are you going with a 3" turbo muffler? It will sound great if you do, I liked mine , but then I wanted it louder, so I went with Dynomax turbo muffler which is louder. Also couldn't veiw the attachments , says I need to log in.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yes i am do you have any sound clips from yours?

Comment

Nice vid, no rasp at all, Sounds great , mine I had the dynomax 3"in/out with the 3" turn doen , then went with the 3"in/ 2- 2.5" outs on the drivers side with 2 3" Gibson polished turn downs, the muffler is alot louder, I'll see if I can get some pics and maybe a sound clip but my camara sucks on vids. I'm also adding right before my muffler a 3" resonator that 6" wide in the middle and is only 7" in lenght to deepen mine alittle at WOT. Should get it tomorrow, its like the smallest resonator I could find. So I will wait until I put it on tomorrow when I get it. but I'll post pics of the tail pipes soon. If you want your s louder and still no rasp go with the Dynomax Super turbo. Nice job.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Nice vid, no rasp at all, Sounds great , mine I had the dynomax 3"in/out with the 3" turn doen , then went with the 3"in/ 2- 2.5" outs on the drivers side with 2 3" Gibson polished turn downs, the muffler is alot louder, I'll see if I can get some pics and maybe a sound clip but my camara sucks on vids. I'm also adding right before my muffler a 3" resonator that 6" wide in the middle and is only 7" in lenght to deepen mine alittle at WOT. Should get it tomorrow, its like the smallest resonator I could find. So I will wait until I put it on tomorrow when I get it. but I'll post pics of the tail pipes soon. If you want your s louder and still no rasp go with the Dynomax Super turbo. Nice job.
          i was going to go with the dynomax but for the 20 summit muffler i have nothing to loose. do you have a vid of your car w/ the summit muffler though? and that would be great if i could hear the dynomax thankyou

Comment

you took a video of your stock exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by akcamaro02 View Post
              you took a video of your stock exhaust?
              to show the sound with the gt1cam and headers...

Comment

OBX headers with a flowmaster exhaust (stock motor)
                http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ent=Drive1.flv

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X