header bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header bolts

So I finaly changed my oil today (was about 2500 miles over due, I know I was lazy), and thought just for the hell of it id check my header bolts. Well before my exaust would pop a couple times when I let off the gas. So anyway, a couple on the driver side needed about a 1/4 turn, but the passenger side was a whole different story. 4 of the 6 bolts were almost finger loose!!! Wow. Well I got them all tightened and took her for a drive and no more "pop pop", and she runs so much more smooth. I thought she ran good before, but wow what a difference it makes getting rid of that exaust leak.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: header bolts

When I first installed my headers, I'd be going in there every morning to tighten them. Some would always be loose. I'll have to check them pretty soon.

Comment

Re: header bolts

word to the wise: get some locking header bolts.

i check mine after i drive for any decent period of time, but those babies hold up strong.
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        4 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X