Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

How do you guys think this exhaust would sound that i have been putting some thought in. Putting pacesetter headers on with a true dual setup. Thus meaning coming from the headers with no cats have 2 of these before the x-pipe. 1 on each sidehttp://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLE-31062/. Then after the expipe going into a magnaflow dual in-dual out muffler?

Do ya'll think it would be quiet and still provide big exhaust gains and sound good? I don't really want something loud cause i go on trips and have a 40 mile commute to school everyday one way. I have 96 camaro with 3.8 with 1Le elbow and a moroso cold air intake so far.
    Last edited by Choppers; 10-04-2009, 01:52 PM.

Re: Exhaust

link to the muffler?. the point of duals is to have 2 mufflers

Comment

i guess it won't me condiered duals then because i wanna keep the muffler the way they are from the factory.

Heres the muffler http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-11386/

Comment

it will be pretty hard to run true duals where the factory pipes already are....if thats what you mean? Do you mean dump it before axle or what
        auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
        15.11@91.14
        Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

i think i am changing my whole mine now that i think about it. I think i am going to go with pacesetter headers and where the cat is put one of the resonators in and then put a magnaflow catback on it. Would that be loud or give alot of rasp?

Comment

magnaflow will probably rasp. dynomax and borla are ur best options for no rasp.

also u might as well go with a high flow cat instead of the resonator. the resonator wont flow any better i dont think, and will probably allow more rasp

Comment

which dynomax would be best?

Comment

i have heard good things about super turbo mufflers made by dynomax

Comment

haha where is Team Dynomax?

paging...
                  pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                  gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                    haha where is Team Dynomax?

paging...
                    seriously, i gave them an excellent queue i thought lol

Comment

I wouldn't get a magnaflow. It rasps bad...especially before I put headers on. After headers and !catits slightly better. But....I'm looking into new exhaust
                      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                      15.11@91.14
                      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

I wouldn't say it rasps bad. Maybe when you're at 4-5k rpm and gunning it in neutral. Otherwise, I'm happy with Magnaflow. I still wonder what a Dynomax would sound like though...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X