mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mufflers

i heard a 02 v8 firebird the other day with the slp loudmouth exhaust on it, sounded fantastic! anybody ever put one of those loudmouth setups on a v6 camaro? also met a dude here at a local cruze in with a 300zx that was running dual supertrapp mufflers, you can change the disc out to adjust the sound & backpressure, anybody ever run supertrapps on their ride? expensive but sounded cool, followed him down the road to the local burger joint after the cruze in & it never sounded ricey or fartpipeish at any rpm, albiet not the same engine, or anything else for that matter, but tempting from the tunability aspect, cam swap, add a turbo, whatever, just put in/take out disc & its stainless-what do yall think?

Re: mufflers

i don think and ls1 could possibly sound bad lol, well i guess anything is possible, as for adjusting quiet ness, electric cut out is definitely the way to go

i have only heard one v6 with loud mouth exhaust, im pretty sure bad bird on the board has it, but he has a super charger so that quiets it down a little probably, i would ask him how it sounded before the blower

Comment

Try running a search for sound clips or try the Exhaust Clip sticky at the top of the Intake/Exhaust section. There are plenty of members that have or had the Loudmouth exhaust on their 3.8s. As for the SuperTrapps, I believe Meatyshells had a setup using those with his longtubes before he switched over to a true dual setup.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

imo, the best sound out of the 3.8 cars is with borla or magnaflow bullet style mufflers, the straight through design also gets a good amount of horsepower over chambered flowmaster designs

Comment

Go Borla buddy. Once you go borla you won't go back, well mainly because ur so broke after buying the borla setup so can't switch to another type haha.
          1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
          1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
          1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
          2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Can't go wrong with the Magnaflow setup.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              4 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X