K&N VS Mac Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N VS Mac Filter

I see that Mac offers a performance air filter for the f bodies for about $24 vs $63 for the K&N. Look to be the same construction. Anyone have the Mac that can comment on it?

http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...oducts_id=1254

Re: K&N VS Mac Filter

never heard of the mac, but there is a brand called kool blue and the make a filter that is the same as k&n and only cost 20 bucks, i have one on the way and a few guys on run them to, meatyshells says they are great
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
      never heard of the mac, but there is a brand called kool blue and the make a filter that is the same as k&n and only cost 20 bucks, i have one on the way and a few guys on run them to, meatyshells says they are great
      Where did you order it from?

Comment

I did a search on Kool Blue. Turns out it is owned by Accel corp, so it is a "ACCEL Kool Blue" filter. Do a search on that and you will find it sells for about $25 plus shipping. The same as the the Max.

SOOOOOOOO.........

The question still hangs in the air...... Plus the addition of Kool Blue........

Any one know the difference between K&N and Kool Blue and Max?

All you "seat of the pants" owners need to pony up because I doubt anyone will stick a 200hp V6 on a dyno just to compare 3 different air filters.

Please prove me wrong...........

Comment

they all seem pretty similar to me, all made of a cotton material, the filters are probably identical, your just paying for the name

Comment

Went ahead and ordered the Accel Kool Blue filter. I'll let you know how it performs compared to a new stock filter I put in a few days ago. $19.95 for the filter and about $10 to ship. Still cheaper than a K&N filter anywhere.

http://www.koolblue.com/catalog_i766...l?catId=285676

After work it off to the parts store to look at plumbing fittings for the angled throttle body. If Lowes and Depot don't have what I need in PVC and rubber, intakehoses.com has it in all rubber fittings. Just costs more.
            Last edited by Mark42; 09-28-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              4 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X