Pros and cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pros and cons

heavychevy--as far as exhausts go, i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. fondle hit it on the head with suggesting headers, it really makes a difference. but also IMO, completing your exhaust is the best way to get the most out of it while also getting better sound quality---and one of the best things i ever did to my full exhaust was get an electric cutout :tup: between my headers, high flow cat, and full borla exhaust with that cutout, my exhaust sounds fantastic even with the stock cam.

ultimately, cam and heads work with a full exhaust will get you golden.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

hey baller, where is your cutout located?

Comment

there's a perfect spot for it right before the rear axle on the passenger side---so it's tucked up in there right off my i-pipe. i ran the wiring through the boot that's right there and through the carpet, then put my rocker switch right in the center console underneath the removable ash tray. no one can tell where it's at unless i show them---i love it.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

my cutout is in that same spot! when i was making my exhaust i was like hmm, that spot mussed be made for a cutout, i have my switch on my door pannel, right by the power unlock button, looks stock lol

Comment

haha very nice mang.

sigpic

Comment

cutouts are illegal right? you guys must know someone whose does inspections right?

Comment

hahaha ummm yes...i know good guys :D

sigpic

Comment

well could you in theory just cut a piece of pipe that is the same size as the cutout, then when inspection rolls around replace the cutout w/the pipe?? or can you not use clamps for cutouts?

Comment

Originally posted by heavychevy383 View Post
                    hey guys-gotta ? for both of u(mark42 & ballermaro13) u both seem very knowledgable bout exhaust systems-my 98 came w/ stainless magnaflow system like one in the pic u put up, w/ a hiflow cat(engine is stock-planning a mild cam in future) ? is this; i am desparetly trying to research/ask around/figure out how in the heck to get rid of the honda-ish fart pipe sound above 3k rpms?!? was told could be the large'by'huge dual cannon tips hangin out the back? also told all the magnaflow brand stuff does this? & was told all the v6s sound this way, no matterwhat u do to them? -what do u guys(or anybody else that wants to chime in)think? thanks
                    My experience has been that straight through glass pack mufflers will give anything a nice tone. Even a 4 banger.

I had a set of pace setter long tube headers on a 3.8 in a 78 Chevy Monza w/5 speed. Used a high rise aluminum intake and Holly 4 bbl carb. Ran both headers into a single collector, then single 2.5" pipe back to single glass pack (like Cherry Bomb) in the rear. Looked rather stock, sounded like a V8. Goobs of torque from that V6.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X