need help fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help fast

I searched the forum for an answer to my question, but found none by those who actually did this. So the deal is this.... I took the cat off, because here in MI no inspections:P, but, it is too loud and raspy now during acceleration. I do not want to install the cat, so my question is this, what would quiet it down a little and reduce rasp, a glasspack in place of the cat or maybe a resonator, the muffler is I believe a z28 take off. I was thinking about putting on the summit turbo muffler. Anyways, anyone who has done this with the cat, I would really appreciate the help. oh, btw this is something that I have to do in the next couple of days, thanks!!

Re: need help fast

i had the same problem... i just said screw it and put the cat back on.

Comment

oh and one more thing, would exhaust tips with resonators help any... I just read this and am wondering if doing this to the strait pipe in place of the cat would help www.greenfries.info/Resonator.htm
      Last edited by adrummer02L78; 09-19-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adrummer02L78 View Post
        oh and one more thing, would exhaust tips with resonators help any...
        not going to do much at all...

a muffler in place of the cat will help, but u will probably have to lower ur piping to make it fit

Comment

i have headers and a 3" pipe instead of my cat and its definately less raspy that it was with the cat and stock manis. wierd.
          auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
          15.11@91.14
          Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Anything you put there is going to hurt flow/power as much or more than a high flow cat.
            sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=adrummer02L78;940455] what would quiet it down a little and reduce raspQUOTE]

IMO a dual outlet muffler or Y-pipe with decent size tips will help the sound, although will not decrease db levels.

Comment

so I think I figured out what I am going to try first, fabricate my own glasspack in place of the cat and get some resonator tips that can be packed with fiberglass if I wish, but don't have to be. I just saw some nice ones at pepboys today. I think that will help the most soundwise while causing as little backpressure restriction.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X