Need to pass inspection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to pass inspection!

I have a 94 Camaro with a Magnaflow exhaust on it. It's too loud, and it won't pass inspection. MA has laws against altered exhausts, so I'm just going to change it for something quieter. It'd be nice if it looks stock-ish too so cops don't realize it's aftermarket.
    Right now I'm considering the Dynomax super turbo cat-back exhaust system. Is that pretty quiet? It's part # 19396 for anyone who doesn't know which system I'm talking about. It's for 98-02 3.8's, but it should still work on a 3.4 right? I know my magnaflow system has hangers for either body style.
    Can anyone think of other stock looking and sounding exhausts? Can I reuse the intermediate pipe from the magnaflow system with any other mufflers? Thanks
    94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
    97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
    98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Re: Need to pass inspection!

Just put a bullet type muffler inline after the cat it will act as a resonator and should bring your sound level down without being too much of a restriction.

Comment

annnnnd round 2 of the super turbo praise-a-thon lol.

i'm sure the dynomax fan club here will highly support your thoughts of going with that muffler.
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

dynomax would be a great choice :) i have it with a carsound cat 3" pipe to the dynomax stock manifolds very quiet at idle great sound too :)
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Can I get a Amen!
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So the Dynomax is quiet and sounds good at the same time!?!? I think I've made my decision haha. I don't want to spend the money on a full system though, anyone know about how much just the muffler and tips would cost?
            94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
            97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
            98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

Just converted from flows to dynomax... yes its quieter but the better flow over noise grows and grows on you fast. The loud noise was getting obnoxious anywho. Posted link to website i bought mine from in my recent thread about converting.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=98249

Comment

I did 2 Gibson 3" turndowns that are polished on the drivers side, since i used a 3" in/ 2- 2 1/2" out and the Gibson's were 2 1/2 to 3" so they just bolted on to the pipes I made to 90 degree out. The exhaust tips you can barely see the polished tips looking down on the rivers side, I wanted to keep them mostly under the car. My Dad dropped by today and heard it fo the first time with the newer Dynomax Super Turbo and just smiled and i reved it and he said that sounds pretty healthy.LOL I had a Dynomax Super Turbo 3"in/3" out before with a 3" turndown which was alot mellower, than what I have now. Who wanted to buy the Dynomax 3"in/3" out turbo? I forget.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                  annnnnd round 2 of the super turbo praise-a-thon lol.

i'm sure the dynomax fan club here will highly support your thoughts of going with that muffler.
                  i just waiting for their to officially be a team dynomax lol

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
                    Venom do you run a Dynomax?

Comment

you know thats not a bad idea :P
                      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                      1991 3000GT VR4
                      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        Venom do you run a Dynomax?
                        nope, flowmaster... if i had it to do again, it would be borla

Comment

Im down with that i have fallen in love with my dynomax... someone thought had ta today with stock exhaust. One day though one day ill have that ta

Comment

nope, flowmaster... if i had it to do again, it would be borla
                            music to my ears :D
                            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                              music to my ears :D
                              haha want to help the cause and donate to me?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X