HELP!!! DID I just fry my battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! DID I just fry my battery?

[img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Went to turn the bird on tonight after its been in storage for about a month... it was completely dead.... well i went to jump it and while i went to put the red connector from the jumper cable onto the batter, it slipped out of my hand and touched the black connector of the jumper cable... criss cross applle sauce... there was a spark.. hoping nothing got fried, i connected the jumped cables to the battery and started the charging process as usual... its been 5-10 minutes and no charge :( Nothing.. .its like its dead... [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] do i need to wait longer or is it fried???? [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: BATMAN ]</p>
    - Ryan<br /> A.K.A BATMAN<br /> \"Be part of the solution...<br /> Not the problem\"

The longest... and I mean THE longest time I had ever spent charging a battery was on a car my friends bought for $75. It was a 1985 5th avenue (Chrysler I think).

To make a long story short the longest time it took to charge that battery was about a half hour. We even tested it after the half hour to make sure. However, it gave us a reading that it barely had any juice left in it. So that battery was on its way out.

So my vote goes for buying a new battery. That's just my two cents... good luck.
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Were the jumper cables connected to another battery of a charging unit? How do you know there is no charge? Are you measuring with a voltmeter?

Comment

what is the CCA on your car, I think a fast charge should take around 20-30 minutes and a slow charge will take hours if its completly dead, you need to check the amperage and volts, If its a maintence battery you need to check it with a hydrometer.
        Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

I feel like a huge hairy butt with pimples... i went to take the neg cable of the bat and noticed the neg connector was loose. i didn't want to over torque it and i guess i didn't torque it enough... i torqued just a little and the alarm went off.. tightend it all the way and everything is okay... guess the battery never died and guess it was charged the whole time!!!!

HOLY DUMB**** BATMAN!!! run before they beat you with a rubber batton... [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
          - Ryan<br /> A.K.A BATMAN<br /> \"Be part of the solution...<br /> Not the problem\"

Comment

make sure the connections are really tight, if its not it will kill your battery in a few days
            Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X