question about airbags...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about airbags...

On that rebuilt camaro I was looking at, supposedly the airbags never deployed. I find that hard to believe considering the car needed a new hood and fender. Is there a way to tell if the airbags are there or work? Thanks again.

It's not that easy to deploy the air bags...I hit a fence going about 15 mph...(which could have damaged the fender and hood...but didnt) and the air bags didnt come out.
    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

Yeah...I rearended some guy going about 40mph in my Mom's car (wasn't pay attention, Doh!), and the damn thing's didn't come out either. Buckled the hood though.
      AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

I've heard that the airbags only deploy if all the crash sensors in the front bumper are hit at the same time.

I know a guy who hit a deer and then hit a tree diagonally at a high rate of speed (not exactly sure how fast) and the airbags never deployed. But, back on topic, I don't know how you would check to see if they are there or not.
        Mods include: SLP CAI, 2.5\" Dynomax catback exhaust, Bosch Platinum spark plugs, Taylor 8mm Spiro ignition wires, Eibach Prokit springs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X