Looking for a way to make car more RESPONSIVE>> - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a way to make car more RESPONSIVE>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a way to make car more RESPONSIVE>>

I can live with the fact that it is not fast if I can just get it to be a little more responsive to the throttle, what I feel sometimes when I really stomp on it from a stop is hesitation off the line and then it kicks in, if there is something CHEEP that I can buy or do please post about it, I am open to sugestions.
    Thanks
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

remove the air silencers on either side of the air intake. get rid of the maf screen in the intake, get a k&n filter, whisper lid, cold air intake, and full exhaust. Just think of your engine as a big air pump. I have only done what mods you see below, but I have tons better throttle response while only spending $175. If you don't want to buy the lid or filter, use 3 1/2 inch piping to replace the silencers and pop out the maf screen. You can also raise the air box with 3 washers to give you more cubic inches of space for the engine to draw air from.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

TPS Tech?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Next time all the jersey v6's meet up you gotta come.
        We can find out why it is soooo sluggish.
        I've noticed here and there that you aren't happy with its performance.
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Whisper Lid, Remove the MAF screen, Ram Air, The TPS thing mentioned above,Exhaust Including headers,I think MSD Ignition helps as well. Also you might want to check into LSD and 3.42's. Thatll get the car off the line alot quicker. I just did the WHISPER LID and the MAF SCREEN and the car responds quite a bit better. VERY happy with those mods.
          2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

Get a manual [img]smile.gif[/img] Just go through everything and make sure it is in great shape, no clogged fuel injectors, cat, new fuel filter, maybe the maf is dirty. You get the point, check and recheck everything from time to time. How are you're plugs, you can upgrade the plugs and wires cheap.
            Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 12secondv6:
              Next time all the jersey v6's meet up you gotta come.
              We can find out why it is soooo sluggish.
              I've noticed here and there that you aren't happy with its performance.
              <hr></blockquote>

Tell me when you guys are meeting next time, maybe I will be off.
              ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

What is the MAF and what do you do with it to improve response?
                White 1998 Firebird<br />Aero Sports Appearance Package<br />T-tops, Monsoon sound<br />Custom Interior paint job<br />6in LCD Screen on dash with Playstation, and Rearview camera in the trunk keyhole slot.<br />Custom Aero chrome rims.<br />Interior neon lights<br />K&N Air Filter<br />Blue lights in side grills.<br />Custom decals, including the bird on the hood.<br />Painted brakes.<br />20% tint all around.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X