Front right wheel shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front right wheel shake

As you all remember I was the one with the wobbling wheel. Well Ive just replaced that outter tie rod end about had the problem diagnosed and now I want to know. If I can shake the wheel left and right, but NOT up and down what are the problem possibilities?

Re: Front right wheel shake

is the car jacked up while your trying to wiggle it? and what do you mean left and right? like side to side? or how so

Comment

I can shake it from side to side if its jacked. I put a new outter tie rod end on there and its still shaking side to side, but it doesnt shake up and down so I guess the wheel wont fall off

Comment

instead of posting new threads, why dont you repost this in your old thread???

does it clunk sound when you move it, or just turn like your turning the wheel??
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Front A arm bushing, and while you'll at it might do the upper also since you did the tie end rods, so they'll be all refeshed again. Also a allignment afterwards and check the front tires for uneven wear might need a new front set. I made the mistake of doing my lower A arms and uppers and no allighnment. About 10,000 miles later my inside front tires were worn down to wear they were going to pop while the center and outside looked new, so that mistake cost me 2 new front tires, $350 installed, nice mistake by me.LOL
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
            instead of posting new threads, why dont you repost this in your old thread???

does it clunk sound when you move it, or just turn like your turning the wheel??
            It makes a kinda clunk sound when I move it side to side what cld it be?

Comment

Originally posted by ThaDyce17 View Post
              It makes a kinda clunk sound when I move it side to side what cld it be?
              Check your bushings for any worned out ones. Check and see if the connection are tight. There should be no shaking at all.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Side to side or in and out?

If its in and out it could be the wheel bearing/hub.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                  Side to side or in and out?

If its in and out it could be the wheel bearing/hub.
                  Its a side to side shake thats why I was asking what cld it be if a side to side shake cld narrow the problem down at all

Comment

I already said this once, in the other thread you posted, so do it, or stop asking questions.

jack up the car, chock the rear wheels and put the whole front end on jack stands. get inside the car and turn the steering wheel till it locks. crawl under the front end and have someone shake the wheel side to side while put your hand on the tie rods, controll arm, hub, and feel/listen where the sound is coming from...and if i have to say it, that is where your problem is. DO IT NOW~
                    Last edited by flamingchicken; 08-09-2009, 12:29 PM.
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X