need help engine bogs then dies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help engine bogs then dies?

best way to put it is that while im driving the car starts to bog and lose power. I press on the pedal and the RPMS go up after a delayed 1-2 sec but the car doesnt seem to move forward just sounds like it stumbles but Then all of a sudden it accelerates forward for a a second and then starts to stumble/bog again. I pulled over and it kept doing that then all of a sudden the car just shut off. It starts back up right away and this doesnt happen all the time because on the drive home it ran fine. also i got the scent of gasoline but not sure if it was the car but just take that into account. I just changed the oil pressure switch and the plugs and wires. Last note to put would be that my oil pressure/temp? (i know i cant believe i dont know that either) is at a quarter of the way up, it tends to fluctuate between a quarter and a half so i think that might be the cause of it but not sure. Hope someone can help me. Thanks

Re: need help engine bogs then dies?

hate to say it but there are a lot of things it could be...

since you recently changes plugs and wires, recheck them and make sure everything is tight ... i have had a loose plug wire cause issues before

if that checks out ok my next step would be to change the fuel filter if that hasn't been doen recently

then probably check the coils...

Comment

i think it might also be the fuel filter bc even though i replace it last year, i hit some water some months ago and now its started to rust pretty bad.

Comment

ses lite??? my 3.4 did that and it was the tp sensor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X