Need Help ..please with Camaro Seat Belt tensioners not working ! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help ..please with Camaro Seat Belt tensioners not working !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help ..please with Camaro Seat Belt tensioners not working !

Hi Guys ,

I've just purchased a USA spec camaro 3.8 RS model V6, I've just had a Road safety inspection done on the vehicle (M.O.T) and all the safety belt tensioners(or retractor?) to not lock in to place when pulled fast for when stopping/inertia , I've confused my last 'maro v6 United kingdom (European )spec all the tensioner s where fine. ! This car has all service history and no signs of damage or repair anywhere , all airbags ok .. but none of the tensioner s seem to work? do yours lock on your camaros ???
    Are they electronically actuated like a pre-tensioner or was there a recall by GM at some point for this , really don't fancy going through the windshield if i hit something ! ,

any help is graciously appreciated.

ta

Lee
    Last edited by britishcamaro; 07-22-2009, 05:06 PM.

Re: Need Help ..please with Camaro Seat Belt tensioners not working !

btw ..it's a '98 (facelift model ) with ABS .

Comment

Normally they lock up when you hit your breaks hard.

I have a 98 too, but there was never a recall on it. If I recall.

Is it on both sides?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Hi Mighty Thor,

it's all ...front and rear seats ..I have'nt locked up the brakes yet to test , it they lock in place or not.. But the guy in the m.o.t center , said they should actuate when being pulled on quickly on the belt when seated , mine just don't seem to lock . i wondered if you guys have the same thing or if the Car has to be moving to sense motion . they PASSED me for approval to Drive .. only because they cannot prove the Car is at fault as they have never seen one before .

Comment

I went out and checked mine, mine are the same way. My car was turned off though, I wonder if that has anything to do with it....

Comment

thanks for ur help 1998 camaro..
            it must be a product feature i suppose .. i won't know until i try an emergency stop with the car ( in a controlled enviroment ;-) yeah right . It just feels soo strange it don't lock on.. i went out to check my daily driver ..dodge caliber , tug on the belt and it instantly locks and stops me going forward.

Comment

the car ever been wrecked?
              2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
              1991 3000GT VR4
              2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

After reading this i went out and tugged real hard on my belts, no lock up. but when i jam on the brakes i know they lock.

I have a 2000 firebird.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

get in turn the car on depress the brake and then try to jerk on them
                  2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                  1991 3000GT VR4
                  2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

They have inertia locks on them. Sudden movement of the car in any direction locks them.
                    sigpic

Comment

"They have inertia locks on them. Sudden movement of the car in any direction locks them. "

Even sideways? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nitetime_pr View Post
                        "they have inertia locks on them. Sudden movement of the car in any direction locks them. "

even sideways? ;)

yep!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          2 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X