Has anyone ever been pulled over with NITROUS??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever been pulled over with NITROUS???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever been pulled over with NITROUS???

I was just wondering how many ppl have been ticketed for nitrous or have been pulled over for it? What's the ticket and what are the fines???

Re: Has anyone ever been pulled over with NITROUS???

just tell them it's Trans-X injection!

or tell em you have trouble breathing and its an oxygen tank that releases oxygen into the car to help you.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

i think it varies by state law, and if the bottle is disconnected (or off) they cant do anything to you

but why not just hide it in the hatch where the t tops go, i dont think a cop is going to check to see if you have nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
        i think it varies by state law, and if the bottle is disconnected (or off) they cant do anything to you

but why not just hide it in the hatch where the t tops go, i dont think a cop is going to check to see if you have nitrous
        I actully bought the car and the person I bought it off had a 10 lb bottle in the hatch tht u can clearly see through window and then 2 dual sub box in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
          I actully bought the car and the person I bought it off had a 10 lb bottle in the hatch tht u can clearly see through window and then 2 dual sub box in the back.
          i just did a search, this isnt for IL, but most likely applies to you: "First violation, for having a Nitrous Oxide device in the car. Per code below, Nitrous Oxide devices may be installed in cars however; it must be disabled, and disconnected from the bottle. The line (hose) "CANNOT" be hooked up while driving your vehicle on public roads or highways."

here is the only IL law i could find: Possession of nitrous oxide with intent to breathe is a Class A misdemeanor per 720 Illinois Compiled statutes 5, section 24.5-5. Though exceptions are provided for medical and dental care, we were unable to find any exceptions for motor vehicle use- but here again, the "intent to breathe" wording in this statute should provide a bit of a safe haven for enthusiasts.

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
            I actully bought the car and the person I bought it off had a 10 lb bottle in the hatch tht u can clearly see through window
            My bottle is in the t-top storage area and it cant be seen if the hatch is closed...
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado
            2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

i didnt know nitrous was illegal

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

You most likely won't have to worry about it unless you're caught racing or speeding excessively... any laws against it are there to prevent people from using nitrous on the street since its completely unnecessary... just don't give them a reason to suspect anything and you shouldn't have a problem... still a good idea for it to be disabled, but sorry I don't know the exact law or penalty... but I imagine that as long as they have no evidence that you were actually using it on the street, the first offense would most likely be a warning, much like illegal tint, or exhaust...
                Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

in pa it has to be disconnected on the streets....mine never was. i was pulled over one time in the camaro and had the nitrous....that is why you keep it hidden....
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                    i didnt know nitrous was illegal
                    In some states you need a compressed gas permit just to transport it.

Here in Ontario you can transport it but the bottle needs to be disconnected also remote switches or openers need to be disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                      In some states you need a compressed gas permit just to transport it.

Here in Ontario you can transport it but the bottle needs to be disconnected also remote switches or openers need to be disconnected.
                      yup, its best to call the dmv or something

but really, nitrous should be disconnected all of the time unless you are at the track, there is no need to be using it on the street

as long as its disconnected, i dont think a cop would mind

i personally would take it out.. gives too much of a reason for someone to break into your car IMO

Comment

About 20 years ago, with in a few years of Maryland passing a N2O law, a friend of mine got pulled over for racing and had a 5 pound bottle hidden in a tool box in the back seat that was hooked up. The cop found it and it and it was a $250 fine. The fine is probably higher now.
                        sigpic

Comment

I believe here in ontario they can tow the car if you have it connected as well...atleast they were trying to tow my buddies srt-4 when they were trying to convince him that his fuel lines were nitrous lines

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Same in California, only illegal if hooked up to your car or if you decide to inhale it while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98 View Post
                              Same in California, only illegal if hooked up to your car or if you decide to inhale it while driving.

You will get pretty sick inhaling automotive grade:eek:

They put sulphur in it to discourage the party animals:burn:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X