98-99 gas tank & fuel pump swap Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98-99 gas tank & fuel pump swap Q's

I want to swap my 98 metal gas tank and failing fuel pump to a 99 plastic tank and fuel pump, since it seems to be cheaper than replacing the dang fuel pump alone on my 98! My main question is are the connectors between the 98 and 99 fuel pumps the same, or will I have to splice wiring?

Re: 98-99 gas tank & fuel pump swap Q's

there was a guy on ls1tech that changed 99+ into his 97, said it was plug & play! that was a Z28, but im sure the tank r the same, i think it will work.

Comment

anyone ever have a problem with their sending unit? I had a new fuel pump put in 3 weeks ago, and now the car intermittantly won't start. Mechanic thinks it might be the sending unit, but the local dealer says they never have to change the sending unit on fuel pump repairs. Mechanic is dropping the tank again tomorrow to check it out, but its been driving him nuts trying to diagnose the problem. I also have new crank sensor, ignition control module, MAF, and ECM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotts98 View Post
        anyone ever have a problem with their sending unit? I had a new fuel pump put in 3 weeks ago, and now the car intermittantly won't start. Mechanic thinks it might be the sending unit, but the local dealer says they never have to change the sending unit on fuel pump repairs. Mechanic is dropping the tank again tomorrow to check it out, but its been driving him nuts trying to diagnose the problem. I also have new crank sensor, ignition control module, MAF, and ECM.
        I had a problem with a new fuel pump "failing" Turns out it was just a bad installation by yours truly. I hadn't secured a tube well enough on the pump and it would intermittently loose pressure. I mean, I could drive for a while sometimes and then the car would die. Or it would have trouble starting. Just whatever a loose tube would do ya know?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I will know more tomorrow. Might need another pump assy.

Comment

Mine same thing, started sometimes got worse, was the Vats in the key lock , almost done replacing the coulmn with new BCM and starts up fine no problems now. I also had the same problem as Blizz when I installed my Walbro 255.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Even though you replaced everything make sure there is no damage to any of the connectors to the sensors.

I replaced everything on my ride trying to figure out why it would randomly stall and not start again. I had a tiny crack on a sensor connection (dont know the name looks like a magnet) right above the crank shaft position sensor.

Comment

Has anyone here put a plastic gas tank in their 98 or older Camaro? The dealer says they are completely different and the plastic tank won't fit.

Comment

ended up being fuel pump sending unit. I just got a whole assy from a junkyard. Works great now!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X