fuel sending unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel sending unit?

i have an '01 3.8 camaro and, well my sending unit has been out for awhile, i am assuming. The gauge shows either completely full or completely empty. It will randomly swith back and forth while im driving, and there was a fuel sending unit low voltage code or whatever its called logged. I am wondering if i should do a trap door and check it out before i go buying anything. i need to know wat to look for or what to try. also i found these on ebay and wondered if they would work if i need to replace it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...#ht_500wt_1037

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-02...1#ht_500wt_961

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...1#ht_632wt_944
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Re: fuel sending unit?

i'm 100% againist the trap door. you run the risk to hurt your car. take a little extra time and do it correct, by dropping the tank please.

as for pumps if your going to be do any serious mods down the road this would be a perfect time to put a walbro in there. if not....just get a stock one from a local shop that has a warrenty.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I agree with Kristen on the trapdoor. I used to be pro-trapdoor, but then when I actually read my Haynes manual, it doesn't sound that hard to get the tank out. Basically it's (1) unbolt and remove rear part of exhaust (2) unbolt rear shocks so you can lower the rear end a few inches (3) unbolt fuel tank straps and disconnect wiring and hoses, then remove tank.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

i did mine on my back in my old yard in the middle of summer in one day.

mine also had alot more work since my exhaust is all one piece and the aftermarket crap under the car got in the way
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

well im nor sure which route im going to go but i really just need to know if i can use those sending units or where to get one. dealerships want a rediculous amount of money for one
          auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
          15.11@91.14
          Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

The sending unit is an integral part of the fuel pump assembly. I'd just get one at NAPA or some place like that. Im pretty sure you'll have to buy the whole thing, not just a fuel sender
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

yes i know, thats why i asked about them on ebay

New Time:
              15.11@91.14
              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

come on i just need to know i wanna do this sometime soon!:o

New Time:
                15.11@91.14
                Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
                  well im nor sure which route im going to go but i really just need to know if i can use those sending units or where to get one. dealerships want a rediculous amount of money for one
                  You could try a junk yard. I got a fuel pump assembly + fuel pump from a junk yard for like 60 bucks. Forget the dealership cuz I don't think they will sell you the unit by itself.

Comment

I just had my sending unit go bad, I got a whole pump assy from a junk yard for $65

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X