Engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swap

I'm starting an engine swap (96 3.8 out and 99 3.8 in - both RWD). I know I have to change the intake, but does anyone have any advise as to what other problems I may run into?

Re: Engine swap

Why the lounge?
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Try posting in general tech section, you'll get more responses.

If the motor isnt out of an F-body, youll probably need to change upper and lower intake manifolds, throttle body, oil pan and exhaust manifolds
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

just the one upper intake and tb, and while your at it change the rear main seal cause its a PITA to change it later its only like 13 dollars.

Comment

depending ont he mileage, you amy want to change all the gaskets you can. if you buy the conversion kit from autozone, it comes with the oil pan gasket, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, water pump gasket etc. and it's only like $35
          Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Might have to swap the balancers. Since 96' and 99' are different.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Are there any lists of the differences between engine years (off topic, I think it would help the OP as well)? Id like to get a JYard engine and slowly rebuild it while the other one dies. And hopefully have it done by that time.
              sigpic
              98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                2 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X