Cleaning MAF Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning MAF Sensor

Am I supposed to remove the MAF Screen to spray the MAF sensor clean? Or can I just spray the can through the screen?

The first time i re-oiled my K&N Filter I think I over did it. I just want to make sure I clean the MAF Sensor correctly. Thanks!

Re: Cleaning MAF Sensor

You could probably go either way, is it messing up on you now?
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Yeah, you could go either way.

The screen is being held by a ring. I tend to use the dentist steele needs (the ones they use to scrap your gum) to insert in those 2 small holes and can the ring out. The screen will easily pop out after that.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Its not messing up on my really. I just think last time I over oiled my K&N filter. I just want to make sure its nice and clean. I don't want to make it die before its time due to the K&N Oil.

Could MAF Cleaner do any harm? I heard some people say they had issues with their MAF afterwards.
        Last edited by tmc2k1; 06-30-2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

you can always take the maf out of the throttle body, via the 2 screws :)

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

just a sensor cleaner won't do any harm
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
              you can always take the maf out of the throttle body, via the 2 screws :)
              Oh sweet! I didn't even realize our engines had that. So I can just take out the 2 screws and it all comes out, then just spray and put it back in? Thats much easier. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                2 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X