Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Engine Coil Part #'s

Hey all,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I am considering changing out my engine coils with some new performance coils. I have seen the MSD coils, but I'm not sure which part number I need. Does anyone have any information on this? Also, any help on possible installation issues would be helpful.

I have looked in the Mods Encyc. once already, but I will search again. Thanks for any help.

Re: Performance Engine Coil Part #'s

most people recommend using the stock ones

i have heard bad things about MSD coil packs.. dont really remember what it was

Comment

Found it, never mind, thanks.

Comment

I bought three last year. One of them died ~10 months later. They look good, but reliable?

Comment

Go for em goldbar if that's what you really want. Just make sure to keep the originals on hand and stored somewhere they won't get torn up by people or the weather.

For what it's worth, i'm turbo'd and running the stock coils.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
            Go for em goldbar if that's what you really want. Just make sure to keep the originals on hand and stored somewhere they won't get torn up by people or the weather.

For what it's worth, i'm turbo'd and running the stock coils.
            i hate to be an *** and not answer the threadstarters question like i did, but really, i wouldnt want to give him what he wants only for them to not work well with his setup or just die on him

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
              i hate to be an *** and not answer the threadstarters question like i did, but really, i wouldnt want to give him what he wants only for them to not work well with his setup or just die on him
              You didn't do anything wrong at all. I think he needs to know what you've told him. He can make his decision based upon our input/experience. Just remember, it's his car.. not ours. A lot of people don't like what we tell them, solely because they get the idea of some product based upon a description that's trying to sell the item.. Then they come and ask questions, not hear what they want and then get angry and say things like.. "That's not what I asked" You weren't off topic cam98aro. Don't sweat it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Thanks everyone for their input. I actually went with the Accel Supercoils recommended in the Mod's Encyclopedia. I was interested in changing out the coils as the stock coils have been burning up in my car consistently over the last year and a half. After pulling all the coils, I have one stock coil that is completely burned up, essentially forcing my car to drive off of four cylinders instead of six.

Thanks for all of your input to everyone that replied. The install went off without a hitch, and I haven't had any problems with my car misfiring or dropping off when slamming the throttle yet.

Comment

a spark is a spark unless you get the d.i.s. box from msd,,,its the box that gives the higher volt to a bigger spark,,,but a spark is a spark. msd coils or accel does same as stock on the stock ignation that feed the primary.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    5 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X