Walbro 255 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walbro 255 Question

So im in the process of replacing my old fuel pump with a new walbro 255 and im having a bit of a problem. I cant seem to figure out how to get the small line that connects from the fuel pump down to the thing at the bottom of the bucket off of the pump. If anyone needs pictures to demonstrate what im talking about, i'll post some tomorrow. Im between a couple different houses right now and the pump is at a different one. Thanks. Also i should say that this is off of a 2000

Re: Walbro 255 Question

Yeah, pics?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Thats the old against the new. I got the line off of it but its the metal connector you see pertruding from the old pump on the front left. Cant figure out how to get it off for the new one
      Attached Files

Comment

Alright, I found your problem. You have the wrong pump. You apparently bought the 98 model. This is the one that I have for my 98 http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX.../RX-F98FPA.jpg

And this is the one that they advertise for the 99 http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX...RX-F99-FPA.jpg

As you can see the one for the 99+ has the nipple already installed on the pump.

I bought the racetronix kit and I really really like it. You don't have to deal with gluing the bucket and it has that really nice red aluminum sleeve. If you have the money I'd highly recommend the racetronix equipment.
        Last edited by Blizzard242; 06-28-2009, 09:10 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Great. I love getting the wrong part. Well i finally did get that nipple off, the new pump itself had a hole for it. So when i finally got the other nipple off, it came off with the little end cap metal gasket thing or whatever you wanna call it. And it was not coming off. So i installed everything back in and it fits and works fine so far. The only thing i was slightly concerned of was that since i couldnt pull off that end cap gasket thing, it sits in there just a little loose. I figured it wouldnt be a big deal since it sits in there solid, its just not as tight as the old one. You think thats gonna be an issue?

As far as i understand, that smaller hose is only there for the purpose of sucking fuel from the bottom sock into the fuel pump when the fuel level gets to a certain point. So i figure as long as theres a tight enough connection there for it to suck the fuel its fine.

Comment

I honestly couldn't tell ya what the line is for. I went through a huge ordeal on a loose fuel line.. But that was the main flexi tubing line.

If you're right and that's what it's for you'll be fine. I don't let my tank get below 1/4 anyways just to really make sure my pump is submerged all the time.

At least you got it working. :tup:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Yeah i spent a while trying to figure how it works. Looks like that little floating tube thats in the bottom of the bucket seals a vacumm leak when it gets low enough which allows the smaller tube to draw fuel from the very bottom sock. Supposedly from what ive gleamed, it uses that fuel to keep the pump cooled when the fuel level gets low enough to where air might get into the main pump. Either that or im full of it. Which is a distinct possiblity.

Thanks for your help though. I swear everything that should have been easy to do on this project took forever. I had to cut off a bolt in the rear hatch to get the carpet off. That took me forever. It was stripped and fused in. Then getting that metal ring that hold the assembly down took forever. Oh well. You live you learn. Your wallet might be thinner but you learn

Comment

Originally posted by Pip-Boy 2000 View Post
                I swear everything that should have been easy to do on this project took forever.
                I feel you.. Trust me.. I went to do a tube K member, front shocks, and redoing all of my hotside turbo piping. I was expecting 4-5 days in the garage. Took me freaking 2 weeks. But was totally worth it. Needless to say, I will never do turbo piping myself again.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Falls under the same concept that you do it once to find out why you pay someone else large sums of money to do it. Im planning on installing headers/cat/cat-back next week. Im sure something will go horribly wrong. Possibly my car will exploding mid install =) Thats how i imagine it anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Pip-Boy 2000 View Post
                    Falls under the same concept that you do it once to find out why you pay someone else large sums of money to do it. Im planning on installing headers/cat/cat-back next week. Im sure something will go horribly wrong. Possibly my car will exploding mid install =) Thats how i imagine it anyways
                    I found that taking out frustration on the heat shields made me feel better when we came across any obstacles during the header install. ;)
                    '99 Camaro
                    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      2 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X