Questions about ordering a motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about ordering a motor.

so what is your zip code, where you located at?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

what kind of finder fee are we talking???

Comment

Let me chime in. I had the same experience. I bought a good used motor, then had the local garage install it. By the time I was done dealing with different sources, it cost me way more than $1600.

If you can get a remanufactured engine, installed for $1600, go for it!

Save the grief.

Comment

Here in AZ we have alot of great used engines with very low miles as Meatyshells pointed out with his pretty much new engine you could say for $500, Even at a Dealer install on a used engine at $90 a hour labor about 8-10 hours for book time, it would be about $1500 installed. If your paying $1600 + thats crazy, a low milage used engine like Meatshells and 97rs4life is saying is the way to go. For $1600 just for engine is about what I paid for mine to get rebuilt with 9.5:1 Diamond forged pistons with total seal rings, Cam , Clev. 77 bearings all around, L32 forged rods, all new gaskets/seals, FPR ETC. So basicly you could almost build a Forged built engine with a cam for the price you want for a name Remanufactored on it,Go for it, waste your money since you say you can, install at a dealer is going to be $900-1200, a good name shop is going to be $700-800, so your over $2500 right there. I paid $2600 total for my Forged engine with cam to be rebuilt and reinstalled. A good mecahnic can have it rebuilt in almost one day if they have all the parts to do it.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            Here in AZ we have alot of great used engines with very low miles as Meatyshells pointed out with his pretty much new engine you could say for $500, Even at a Dealer install on a used engine at $90 a hour labor about 8-10 hours for book time, it would be about $1500 installed. If your paying $1600 + thats crazy, a low milage used engine like Meatshells and 97rs4life is saying is the way to go. For $1600 just for engine is about what I paid for mine to get rebuilt with 9.5:1 Diamond forged pistons with total seal rings, Cam , Clev. 77 bearings all around, L32 forged rods, all new gaskets/seals, FPR ETC. So basicly you could almost build a Forged built engine with a cam for the price you want for a name Remanufactored on it,Go for it, waste your money since you say you can, install at a dealer is going to be $900-1200, a good name shop is going to be $700-800, so your over $2500 right there. I paid $2600 total for my Forged engine with cam to be rebuilt and reinstalled. A good mecahnic can have it rebuilt in almost one day if they have all the parts to do it.
            Im doing the install myself, I've already got the old motor pulled. My fathers a mechanic, he's been doing the **** for nearly 45 years and he also agrees with buying a reman. and saving the trouble. I'd much rather do it that way than have to worry about someone elses hack jobs.

Comment

ok well it's clear that the advice given in this thread is not what you wanted to hear.

good luck with your reman motor and the install.
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                ok well it's clear that the advice given in this thread is not what you wanted to hear.

good luck with your reman motor and the install.
                I think I made that clear a few days ago. The whole point of doing this is to avoid an entire rebuild which will wind up costing me the same amount anyway.

Comment

I would think with all that experience you would just rebuild the motor, takes at the most 2 days and put better parts in it and cam. That way for $1600 + you would have a new forged motor instead of a reman. motor. To each their own though.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I bought my engine from this LKQ store on eBay. They have a lot of low-mileage Buick and Grand Prix engines. I bought a 2006 Lucerne engine, with 38k for $500 shipped. It is in perfect running condition, and it's a Series 3 motor (same engine, just newer) so it has a stronger bottom end.

Here's one if you're at all interested
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

Save youself $1100 man!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X