Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Fan on all the Time

Hi,

Im new here and ive got a little problem. Ive got a 3.4 95 firebird. When i turn the key into the on position my cooling fan turns on and the cooling fan runs all the time . I believe having the cooling fan when trying to start my car is putting excessive drain on the battery. Anyone know what could cause this.

Thanks

Re: Cooling Fan on all the Time

Your A/C maybe? Or poss a bad relay?

Comment

I tried it with the AC off, still comes on when i turn the key.

Comment

sounds like your coolant temp sensor is bad

when it goes out, the car will run the fans 100% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
          sounds like your coolant temp sensor is bad

when it goes out, the car will run the fans 100% of the time
          bingo!

you have two coolant temp sensors, even though your in dash gauge might be working, if the one that controls the fan is not your fan can stay on at all hours. have fun swapping it out, it's nearly impossible without taking off the upper intake. :D

Comment

Found the problem. It seems the guy who owned the car before me had run a wire from the cooling fan relay to ground. He must not have liked how long it takes for the fans to come on.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrant609 View Post
              Found the problem. It seems the guy who owned the car before me had run a wire from the cooling fan relay to ground. He must not have liked how long it takes for the fans to come on.
              maybe he did that because there is something wrong with the car and it would overheat?

Comment

naa it was actually running too cool. Never made it to 180. Just did radiator flush and its runs fine.

Comment

hahah thats the most ghetto way to turn your fans on i've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by tyrant609 View Post
                    Thats not a bad idea , but there are other ways fi you want to spend about $85 for a SLP fan switch plug and play with a switch for high an low and off on it. I installed one on mine in about 20-30 mins at most. Great mod if you live in a hot summer area. So far I love it. I even have Hptuners to reprogram the fans but having the power to stop or put them on high at anytime is nice, esp. with a drilled 160 thermo. And will be installing a 3 core 750HP all ALM. radiator. Nothing wrong the way it is now except will it still turn on high speed if you need it?
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      Thats not a bad idea , but there are other ways fi you want to spend about $85 for a SLP fan switch plug and play with a switch for high an low and off on it. I installed one on mine in about 20-30 mins at most. Great mod if you live in a hot summer area. So far I love it. I even have Hptuners to reprogram the fans but having the power to stop or put them on high at anytime is nice, esp. with a drilled 160 thermo. And will be installing a 3 core 750HP all ALM. radiator. Nothing wrong the way it is now except will it still turn on high speed if you need it?
                      the sad thing is, is that you can do the same exact thing for about $7 at radio shack

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                        the sad thing is, is that you can do the same exact thing for about $7 at radio shack
                        exactly. it takes an hour or two if you want it to look nice but pretty much under 10 dollars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X