My 2000 Camaro won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2000 Camaro won't start

I was driving down the highway and my car's oil pressure gage started acting funny (moving all around), then I loose the ability to accelerate or brake so I pull to he side of the road. I originally though it was not enough oil in the car or the battery/starter was the problem. But after changing/adding oil and replacing the battery the car still won't start. Could this be a alternator, spark plug, or fuel pump/sending unit issue?

Any other suggestions, what should I check first?

Re: My 2000 Camaro won't start

Does the car crank when you try and start it? Do the dash lights come on when you try and start it?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The car cranks and it started for about 30 seconds and then shut off for good. The dash lights and every other light comes on.

Comment

is it getting fire & fuel psi

Comment

I'm not sure. How do I check for that?

Comment

fire you can take off the plugwires off of coil packs and crank it over and see if there is spark and on the fuel rail there is a thing that looks like a valve stem take the cap off and push to see if there is fuel getting to it

Comment

Originally posted by tbonebuggs View Post
              The car cranks and it started for about 30 seconds and then shut off for good. The dash lights and every other light comes on.
              sounds like the fuel pump to me.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

It turns out it was the fuel pump. Anyone know where to get a replacement for a cheap price?

Comment

i found one on ebay for 78.98 free shipping

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells View Post
                    sounds like the fuel pump to me.
                    lmfao! You just go around to posts and just guess that it's the fuel pump don't you? Good work sir, good work.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                      lmfao! You just go around to posts and just guess that it's the fuel pump don't you? Good work sir, good work.
                      lol i was wondering when someone was going to catch on

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Hey, you're on a roll. Now just stay out of the intake/exhaust threads with that answer and you'll be alright.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well you were wrong about my problem.... for now....

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98 View Post
                            Well you were wrong about my problem.... for now....
                            dont believe i posted a solution to your problem, so how can i be wrong?

Comment

It seems fuel pumps are such a common problem around here that it's hard to guess wrong. Do other cars have fuel pump issues like us?
                              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X