starting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting issues

im not quite sure what section to post this under so please forgive me if this is the wrong section.

i have a 95 firebird 3.4 with a t5. after replacing some bent pushrods a friend helped me put the top end back together. well long story short i didnt check his work and the car caught on fire for about 5 minutes while i got the extinguisher and burned the wiring harness. then it sat for 6 months when i found out the engine was trashed.

i bought a rusty camaro 3.4 t5 for the wiring harness and engine and swapped them in

the problem is it will not start. it will crank but it does not seem to be getting any spark or fuel, but for some reason it will try to start with starting fluid,
    i have read a lot of posts on ignition problems and fuel problems and im out of ideas. i have already done the following, changed the pcm, changed the icm, sparkplugs and sparkplug wires, checked the fuel injectors, fuel pump and relay, fuel filter and the pcm fuse. the camaro ran when i pulled the engine. would a fire cause something else to go wrong?

Re: starting issues

so you are not getting any fuel psi?

Comment

i am getting little fuel pressure at the test port. i dont have a gauge to test the pressure at the moment. ill check the filter again
      Last edited by atomicvirus; 06-20-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

i just got fuel pressure and now it is getting fuel, turned out that the new filter was screwed up. my only problem now is spark. i checked the plugs on the icm and im trying to figure out what they do. i believe the top plug with the two wires is power because it is showing battery voltage. however the bottom plug with the two wires is an open circuit. is this the trigger wire? and is there a way i can test it? and finally what is the big plug on the bottom for? any help is appreciated.

Comment

I'm not sure but it could be the crank sensor. On my other car where I had to replace the ICM, the crank sensor plugged into the bottom og the ICM. The ICM on that car is located on the lower part of the engine, and the crank sensor physically plugged right into it. I don't know about the 3.4, but the 3.8 ICM is on the top of the engine, so the crank sensor of course cannot plug directly into it. But like I said, the wires on the bottom may be where it hooks up. You may need a schematic, or hook up an ohmmeter to the wires and crank the engine to see if you get pulses.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

does anyone know where i can get the schematics. my manual got wet and the last like 20 pages are stuck together.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X