IGN. problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN. problem

So I got struck at the Dr.'s on Thurs, my car started fine drove there about 20 mins. came out about hour later car it would click forward with all dash lights on like normal but no crank. I sat there for about 10 mins. on/ off trying to crank it finally after holding it for a sec. or two in start mode it started. I got home tried it again and it wouldn't start. I then just giggled the key when tring to start it and sometimes it would start up, even tried the spare key same thing.
    I have been going over the fuses and wiring today and then trying to crank it and it finally locked into the start postion and wouldn't come back down to get the key out. I finally with some vise grips turned it to get the key out, but it know is locked and won't move at all. I know I need to replace the Ign. lock/key part on it 13 years and going it is bound to go out. Anyone replaced theirs, I have a steering wheel puller, so how bad is it to replace? Any tips/tricks? I have switched from a M5 to a A4 should I order a A4 lock or M5 since it was stock one? Is there a difference? I was going to by another swtich too, and have the same problem M5 or A4 switch on the steering collum? Thanks for any info.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X