car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car wont start

i have a 97 camaro v6 3800 it is not getting fire i changed the crank sensor and still no fire

Re: car wont start

spark plugs good? fuel pump running?

Comment

yes new plugs and the fuel pump is good just no fire

Comment

im not really good with this kinda thing... maybe one the more experienced members can help more sorry

Comment

thanks

Comment

you have power correct?

are you sure the fuel pump is priming?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

yeah just no spark plenty of gas

Comment

should i try cam sensor?

Comment

give us as much info as you can. like why did you replace the crank sensor, what else has been replaced, etc. more you can give us to work with the better.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

ok i started the car and it just died like i turned off the key but still had power to everything so i tryed to start it and nothing just cranked over so i talked to a buddy he said cause i was not getting fire to the plugs try the crank sensor so i did that and now its still not starting and no fire to the plugs it has 3 coil packs so i dont think all 3 will go out the same time but idk

Comment

and no check e lights came on

Comment

Next thing you could try is switching the IGN fuse with the starter fuse in the fuse box. They are two big blocks (colors can vary) and one usually will work.

Does the car run ever? or only cranks over and over/...

Comment

I think htat there is some sort of module that powers the coils on those cars. Might try that route. I can't tell you anymore than that. My 3.4 had 1 bad coil on it last week and my mechanic buddy said that if it was the 3.8 that there is a module and when they go bad, they go bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Opontee View Post
                            I think htat there is some sort of module that powers the coils on those cars. Might try that route. I can't tell you anymore than that. My 3.4 had 1 bad coil on it last week and my mechanic buddy said that if it was the 3.8 that there is a module and when they go bad, they go bad.
                            Not necessarily true...when my ignition control module went bad, I only had 1 coil showing bad, no matter how many coils I replaced, that spot on the ICM was bad the other 2 weren't...

he's right though, it "could" be an ICM, cost me $130...I think you can have it tested at Advanced Auto though...just remove it and take it up there...if no, no harm no foul and 1 step closer to finding the problem...if yes, :tup:

Comment

Yah I had that problem too.

But if the ICM is out and one coil was faulty shouldn't the car still start? I know mine did I had a bad ICM last week, only 2 coils worked but it still ran. Unless the entire ICM is shot.

Well go get it tested. Autozone does it for free too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X