Random stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random stalls

So on my daily drive my car starts to stall out. It starts up again, but the only way it keeps on running is if I keep a high rev on it (about 2k and up). If I let it idle it eventually stalls out and the check gauges light comes up. Even on steady acceleration it loses power and comes back to life again.

Sometimes it will just keep cranking with no start and on some random attempt it'll come back to life and I have to gun the engine everywhere I go and keep the motor reving at stops (not too fun when a cop is next to you).

new fuel filter, fuel pressure fine, new plugs, wires, coils, ICM.

No codes.

TPS?

Re: Random stalls

Do our cars have a MAF sensor? if not what is the sensor located just after the screen on the throttle body. It has "ABC" written on it.

Comment

That sensor is the MAF. I would think that if it was the TPS there would be a code set. I wonder if it could be the fuel pressure regulator. Have you checked the fuel pressure while driving it around?
      Last edited by Rob Bell; 06-17-2009, 10:25 AM.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Not while driving around but ive checked it at idle and reved it a few times and doesn't drop off when it stalls out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X