fuel pump feed and return lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump feed and return lines?

I'm replacing my fuel pump on my 93 camaro 3.4L soon. I have two quick questions:

when i remove the assembly, how do i tell which line is the return line?

second q, there are four lines coming out of the top of it. I know that one is a fuel feed line, a return line, and a vent line, but what is the fourth one?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Re: fuel pump feed and return lines?

mark the location before you remove anything, with tape or whatever.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
      mark the location before you remove anything, with tape or whatever.
      I was planning on doing that, but before I mark them I need to know what they are first. Was wondering how to tell.

Comment

why do you need to know what they are? as long as they go back in the right spots..are you planning to add something?
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

doing an LS1 swap. i'm swapping out the stock pump for a Walbro, and there's only one line that can go on the walbro pump (feed). but i will have a c5 filter/regulator, and the return needs to come off of that to the return on the tank. so i need to know which of the four lines it is.

Comment

hold on, ill go check my chiltons...

it was not helpful at all....sorry, have you googled that crap yet?
            Last edited by flamingchicken; 06-12-2009, 04:00 PM.
            Team NoVa

Comment

I'm googling the hell out of it right now man lol

Comment

ok someone told me that the two quick connect fittings should be the fuel feed line and the return line. i just thought though, that to make sure, i could trace the feed going into the engine bay from the fuel filter, and then the OTHER fuel line in the engine bay would be the return to the tank, so i could just trace that to make sure also. that return line should be 5/16", slightly smaller than the 3/8" feed line.

Comment

Originally posted by demonpixel View Post
                  ok someone told me that the two quick connect fittings should be the fuel feed line and the return line. i just thought though, that to make sure, i could trace the feed going into the engine bay from the fuel filter, and then the OTHER fuel line in the engine bay would be the return to the tank, so i could just trace that to make sure also. that return line should be 5/16", slightly smaller than the 3/8" feed line.
                  The larger quick connect line is always the supply line and the smaller quick connect is the return. Then there is a vent line and a vapor line. I believe the vapor line goes to the evaporation system. Which feeds the charcoal canister and eventually is directed into the intake to be burned. The vent line leads to a plastic valve which you can see if you look under the car around the differential housing mounted to the underside of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4grapeofwrath View Post
                    The larger quick connect line is always the supply line and the smaller quick connect is the return. Then there is a vent line and a vapor line. I believe the vapor line goes to the evaporation system. Which feeds the charcoal canister and eventually is directed into the intake to be burned. The vent line leads to a plastic valve which you can see if you look under the car around the differential housing mounted to the underside of the car.
                    Exactly what I needed to know. THANK YOU!! :bowdown:

Comment

3/8th is feed, 5/16th is return
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold
                      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X