We need a new sticky...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a new sticky...

There needs to be a sticky giving some general information, price, and power output for the following engine options. A comparison would be made in which would include the advantages and disadvantages to one another. It would also explain everything that would need to be upgraded to support the new mods, suspension, transmission, rear axel, ect..

Heads / Cam - Full Bolton 3.8L

Turbo/SC 3.8L

3.9L + Full Boltons and Heads/Cam

4.2(3?)L Stroker + Full Boltons and Heads/Cam

Turbo/SC 4.2(3)L Stroker (if possible)

LSX Swap
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: We need a new sticky...

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
    Heads / Cam - Full Bolton 3.8L

Turbo/SC 3.8L

LSX Swap
    maybe that, but all the other junk would be pointless to me...i do agree that the fellows that have dyno'ed their cars should post up what kind of power they made with what mods, in a sticky form.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

you make it and ill sticky it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

there are too many possible combinations out there to make a sticky with them...
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
          maybe that, but all the other junk would be pointless to me...i do agree that the fellows that have dyno'ed their cars should post up what kind of power they made with what mods, in a sticky form.
          +1 it would be helpful for ppl looking to mod, so they can know wht to expect

and we dont need all the ones in the OP

start posting mods and dyno numbers lol

Comment

meaty has numbers, i think ssms has some numbers...i dont have any yet, and prolly wont...
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

meaty has numbers, i think ssms has some numbers...i dont have any yet, and prolly wont...
              ill have yall some..... in 10years :(

Comment

this is a good idea, but i dont think it would be too reliable

person A can put a cam in his car and have his engine make 230hp while person B can put the same cam in and have the same exact setup and only be making 210hp

there is a ton of things that relate to the engines hp and how mods will affect it, every engine is somewhat different in terms of wear, etc. so its not really going to be a definite answer, and i dont think it we will see more questions like "so if i get this cam will my car make 230hp???"

Comment

^true but it would give ballpark figures,

Comment

every car is different, it wouldn't really work, and mods are always different. A lot of time into something that in the end would go unused
                    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                      every car is different, it wouldn't really work, and mods are always different. A lot of time into something that in the end would go unused
                      everyone has their tricks also that they will not divulge...
                      Team NoVa

Comment

everyone has their tricks also that they will not divulge...
                        So? If someone posts up great numbers, but won't say how they made it, no one would believe them anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
                          So? If someone posts up great numbers, but won't say how they made it, no one would believe them anyway
                          Exactly.
                          Leonard
                          www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X