need new radiator and heater hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need new radiator and heater hoses

hey ya'll, i'm new on here and pretty new to newer model cars and computers to, (used to old stuff-pre '72) but have a question for ya'll, i need a new radiator on my newly aquired '98 camaro (3.8w/autotranny) and heater hoses, and the factory wants a war pention for these items, any advice where to find descent stuff at a "fair" price? -thanks (heavychevy383)

Re: need new radiator and heater hoses

i just bought my radiator hoses at autozone like 40$ for both upper and lower my local chevy dealer wanted 60$ just for the lower...
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

You could always check the for sale section to see if someone is parting out their car for the heater hose. That assembly sucks. Dealer only item when i had to buy it. Radiator you can just buy from your local auto parts store. The prices arent too bad and they provide a much thicker core than stock

Comment

thanks ya'll, my only other question with the heater hoses are the connectors, they look like they have special connectors and mine looked pretty rough and busted up? thanks for the help, i'm kinda on a learning curve here, but man do these thing ever hug the road or what, loving it! may never drive my '71 monte carlo ever again-lol

Comment

Assuming the heater hose assembly is the same for yours as on the 2000, you have to buy the whole assembly. It goes from the tensioner pulley back to the heater core. Depending on where its going bad you can jury rig a temporary solution but otherwise you have to replace the whole thing. I had one of the 2 hoses spring a leak right up next to where it plugs into the tensioner pulley piece so i had to go buy the whole deal. Think it was like 175 new

Comment

yeah, i just hung up with the local dealership, that price sounds about right, but at least ya'll said i could get a new rad from the local parts store, cause man, they wanted over $500 for that at the dealer, nothing has sprung a leak yet, just trying to head off any problems before they become catistrophic, i really appriciate the help

Comment

Wow. Yeah you can get a radiator for like 120ish. The only annoying part of replacing the rad is that the ac condensor sits in a mount thats at the middle and bottom of the rad. Is the heater hose going soft? No need to replace it if its still strong

Comment

i have a used perfect condition rad from my 97 v6. $65 plus ship. email me v6rs97@aol.com
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

i paid 160 for mine brand new from 1800-radiators
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X