Throwing Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing Codes

Ok so about 2 weeks ago I got headers installed. When I got it back it was misfiring so I got it scaned and it was throwing P0306 Cylinder 6 Misfire. So I changed the spark plug wires. Now I'm throwing a code P0420 for my Cat. Should I erase the codes and see if they come back before doing anything? Or do you think I need an O2 Sim because I got a Highflow cat on there now and it might be a bad O2 sensor?

Re: Throwing Codes

the miss went away? do you have to pass emissions?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I'm not sure if the misfire went away yet I havn't erased the code yet. It deffinetly feels better though. I will have to pass emissions eventually yes

Comment

Originally posted by HyperHawk View Post
        I'm not sure if the misfire went away yet I havn't erased the code yet. It deffinetly feels better though. I will have to pass emissions eventually yes
        How long was it driven when it was mis-firing? You might of blown your highflow....

Comment

^possibility, no fire means unburnt fuel could be all up in your cat. what are you using to pull codes?
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I did drive it for a while with the misfire, how would I know if the cat was blown?

Comment

The light...

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
                The light...
                How the light doesn't tell me specifically What is wrong?

Comment

it told you P0420 right? That's your sign. Your misfire made you run rich, which may have "exploded" in your cat under high temps, this in turn "may" have had adverse affects on your highflow. SO basically now your experiencing a "clogged" or "damaged" cat that is throwing your air/fuel mixture off and your O2 sensor is detecting it.

If it was never misfiring I would agree with you that you may just need an O2 simulator.
                  Last edited by ne0hisda0ne; 06-09-2009, 07:57 PM.

Comment

again, how are you pulling codes?
                    Team NoVa

Comment

Actron OBD II sorry it wasn't my scaner i had to find out what it was

Comment

have you cleared the code to make sure its a hard code? ie. the code may go away for a bit, but will reset later on down the road.
                        Team NoVa

Comment

today was the first time i seen the p0420 code and i just cleared it now when i looked at what the scanner was. Ill drive for a bit and see if it comes back along with the misfire code.

Comment

do that and let post back up.
                            Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X