Oil pressure gauge acting funny ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure gauge acting funny ???

i have a 98 firebird with about 102000 miles i just noticed the other day that the oil pressure gauge was acting funny cause at normal driving the needle is 3 qaurters of the wqay up whats going on

Re: Oil pressure gauge acting funny ???

check it with a manual pressure gauge first...once you know the pressure is actually ok...then replace your sending unit...if not...might be your oil pickup stick...or a bad pump....

Comment

he has electric.

that should be right...about 55-65 psi oil pressure.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

??? guess I didn't follow his "mod" threads...cause I don't see anywhere where it says he's "electric" whatever that means...

Comment

im a bit confused, but if he has an aftermarket gauge, and it is messing up, i would check the grounds and the connections going to the gauge

i have an autometer tach w/ shift light in my other camaro, and sometimes the rpm's will freak out and jump around a bit, and its due to bad wiring somewhere (or a bad coil)

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
            i have a 98 firebird with about 102000 miles i just noticed the other day that the oil pressure gauge was acting funny cause at normal driving the needle is 3 qaurters of the wqay up whats going on
            Thats not bad 3/4's thats really good, when it is at 1/4 you should be worried. Pretty soon I plan on putting a PSI kit that ups my oil PSI to 80-85PSI for the turbo. So thats about 3/4's.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Thats not bad 3/4's thats really good, when it is at 1/4 you should be worried. Pretty soon I plan on putting a PSI kit that ups my oil PSI to 80-85PSI for the turbo. So thats about 3/4's.
              my oil psi gauge says 30 at idle (when warm) and around 55 at 2krpm

its a little low, but i dont know how accurate the gauge is

when i change my oil, it reads around 60psi at 2krpm until about 1000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                my oil psi gauge says 30 at idle (when warm) and around 55 at 2krpm

its a little low, but i dont know how accurate the gauge is

when i change my oil, it reads around 60psi at 2krpm until about 1000 miles
                ^ yep mine does the same...actually mine is dipping slightly lower than 30psi now...and barely see's 60psi...

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
                  ^ yep mine does the same...actually mine is dipping slightly lower than 30psi now...and barely see's 60psi...
                  Mine is never below 40, 60+ on start up and if I get on it for about an hour in 100 degree temp thats when it goes to about 40 PSI, so I hope with the PSI kit it will stay like at 60-65 PSI with the hot turbo and heat. I also run RP 20w50 though too.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

im thinking of doing to kit on intense too, lemme know how it goes.
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                      im thinking of doing to kit on intense too, lemme know how it goes.
                      I'm waiting on you.LOL

Comment

well, if i cant get the lifters from dude, then ima have to buy them new, then i wont be able to buy your stuff...its all resting on getting the lifters for cheap...
                        Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X