3.4 engine is finally out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 engine is finally out!

my engine locked up on me a few weeks ago, finally got the engine out from the top yesterday! i didnt get a chance to look at it too much yesterday, & today it was raining. my dad & a friend noticed that the oil pump drive assembly was loose, they picked it up & outta the block, there was no oil pump drive assmebly clamp on it! i guess the mechanic that worked on it before i bought it lost it or just didnt put it back, i dunno! anyways, im going to be putting new bearings in it, possibly new rings, im not sure exactly what it needs as of right now! once i get the oil pan off, then i will know more about it, what all should i look for? thanks for all the help!

Re: 3.4 engine is finally out!

you will need to look for metal flake, take a look at the crank after you take the main caps off to see if the journals are all scored, you may have to replace the crank

you will also need to get a dial bore gauge to check your cylinders and make sure they are true and how worn they are

Comment

Re: 3.4 engine is finally out!

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
      you will need to look for metal flake, take a look at the crank after you take the main caps off to see if the journals are all scored, you may have to replace the crank

you will also need to get a dial bore gauge to check your cylinders and make sure they are true and how worn they are
      awesome, thank u for the help! i will try & get the oil pan off tomorrow & look into it more, depends on the weather!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X