Need help Asap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Asap!

Hey guys, so i was driving to work this morning on the hw and it took forever for my engine temperature gauge to go from cold to normal when it did get to normal, i tried putting the heat on a little bit cause it was cold outside. No hot air came out at all so i shut it off. A few minutes later, my engine temperature gauge rose all the way to the red and my check gauges light came on. I pulled over immediately and opened up the hood, there wasnt any smoke but you could see how hot it was (like looking at a mirage in a desert like wavy clear heat waves uk) coming off the engine block. My oil and coolant were absolutely fine which was interesting. First thing im thinking is either a faulty gauge, heater core, or thermostat? my best friend and his dad said it was the heater core cause my passenger side carpet was a bit moist. Can anyone give me some help or advice? Thanks fbody fans
    Robby
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
    sigpic

Re: Need help Asap!

if you have a 3.8 here-

well, first, if your floor was wet from the heater core, then your coolant level should be low. you can check/replace your thermostat with one for like 5 dowra and it takes like 10 minutes. from what it sounds like you can rule out faulty gauge cause you said it even felt super hot. the water in the floor board could be from a/c if you were using it. may need to flush the heater core out, really easy. and when you get all that crap out, if its the heater core, itll leak more cause there isnt anything in it to plug the holes. also with the engine cool check to see how your lower hose feels, like see if you got some mud in that bish.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

alright thanks flamingchicken ill check it out, appreciate it bud
      Robby
      2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
      sigpic

Comment

sounds like either thermostat or water pump
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

if all that crap checks out, its your wp.

mine overheated, so i started the old elimination thing. i changed thermostat, radiator, coolant hoses, belt, and had already changed intake gaskets, and head gaskets, before i pulled the water pump off only to find it had no fins on it.
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

...Or, you may have a blockage in the heater hose.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X